Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Hey guys,
if the production is on the way for aug/sep introduction, shouldn't we be getting leaks already? Its almost april and usually around this time we get pretty much most of the stuff so whats the holdup? :D :D :D

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Hey guys,
if the production is on the way for aug/sep introduction, shouldn't we be getting leaks already? Its almost april and usually around this time we get pretty much most of the stuff so whats the holdup? :D :D :D

I hope there are no leaks so I can actually be surprised this year. But that won't happen.

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
ok, 1 more month then :))
Anyway, I hope they will take the design elements from the new iPad and make the edges a bit rounder. Its so comfortable to hold beveled edges :)

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
People are so impatient for the next device! I have to admit that I am eagerly awaiting leaks as well though.

As parts production ramps up I think we we see something.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
no_leaks2.png

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
People are so impatient for the next device! I have to admit that I am eagerly awaiting leaks as well though.

As parts production ramps up I think we we see something.

impatient? Yes, I'm on iPhone 4 and can't wait to upgrade :)

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
so, WWDC is around the corner and we still don't have any parts leaked. Shouldn't we get at least some of them by now?

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
so, WWDC is around the corner and we still don't have any parts leaked. Shouldn't we get at least some of them by now?

Not if the iPhone isn't going to be at WWDC which is probably isn't, it will probably be September along with the iWatch :D

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Not if the iPhone isn't going to be at WWDC which is probably isn't, it will probably be September along with the iWatch :D

Yeah, but they have already started making them and around WWDC we usually have a lot of parts out :)

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
Yeah, normally around this time there are all kinds of connectors leaked, even the screen and sometimes the back too. Now..... almost nothing, just some mockups by case makers.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Yeah, but they have already started making them and around WWDC we usually have a lot of parts out :)

True, altho Apple have recently announced the events that will be taking place at WWDC and some of the names are funny but also don't give anything away.

No Comment
This One Is Sealed
Shhhh, Can't Tell You Yet
It's Under Wraps
Still Our Secret
You'll Find Out In A Few Days
It's Still Confidential
It's Confidential
We're Not Telling
You'll Never Guess This One
We Still Really Can't Say
You're Just Going to Have to Wait a Little Longer
It's Still Our Little Secret
We'd Really Love To Tell You
It's Still Under Wraps
It's a Secret
This One's a Doozy
We're Not Telling Yet

These are probably just to get people talking and the hype machine rolling, BUT there have been rumours of "hardware" potentially being released at WWDC. Maybe Apple have something up their sleeves this time around? :confused:

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Have you looked at our Roundups page for the iPhone 6? There is a whole section called 'Part leaks and Mock Ups'.

Yes, I have. I was simply curious why there are no part leaks yet. SO far we only have drawing and a mold but no actual part. Didn't we have some last year around this time?

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
You mean the leaks Apple puts out? Plenty of disinformation is pushed out disguised as 'leaks'.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
You mean the leaks Apple puts out? Plenty of disinformation is pushed out disguised as 'leaks'.

You may have a point, Steve jobs once said "there use to be a saying at Apple, isn't it funny, a ship that leaks from the top" take from that what you will ;)

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
where have u been? there's been a bunch of leaks.. if you don't know how the ip6 is rumored to look like by now then...

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
where have u been? there's been a bunch of leaks.. if you don't know how the ip6 is rumored to look like by now then...

Please read again. I never said that. I said that physical parts have not leaked yet. All those mockups are based on one leaked schematics - nothing more.

Once again for you - I simply asked where are all the real parts? We should be getting them by now I think. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.