Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
This is a very odd issue that seems to be only happening on my iPad Air.

I for some reason cannot search from the address/search bar on the top anymore, whenever I type in to search something it automatically tells me it couldn't load that page.

If I type in Google and click on one of the autocomplete choices, it'll give me the same thing. But when I actually type in http://www.google.com and press enter, it sits there for a minute before loading a very strange page, which I've attached.

I'm currently at work, it doesn't do it on any of our computers, phones but simply MY iPad Air all of a sudden.

Anyone got any ideas? I've reset Safaris History, Cookies and Cache with no luck.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    108.9 KB · Views: 741

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Last time I saw something like that, my coworkers computer browser had hijacked. Though this was on a Windows 7 computer with malware.

As for why this is happening here, I'd have no clue. Is it possible to get your browser hijacked on an iPad? Google search said yes but it's not so clearly defined...

I'd recommend a visit to the Apple Store closest to you. That or calling customer service if there isn't a store. Good luck!

blackNBUK

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2010
UK
Is your iPad on the same network as your work computers? Do you see the same problem if you connect your iPad to a different WiFi network or to 3G if you've got that?

Beachguy

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2011
Florida, USA
You aren't getting to Google.

Look at the URLs displayed... One is "1empiredirect" and one is "1840.bitterstrawberry.com"

That is not Google.

rrm74001

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
My first thought was that this might be a case of DNS poisoning:

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS_poisoning

However, if you actually go to
Code:
bitterstrawberry.com
(super weird website by the way) it talks about some kind of web filter/redirection/monetization service.

Eliminate your iPad as having an issue by trying your home network. They ask your IT department if they use this "BitterStrawberry" service.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.