Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Mar 25, 2014, 05:50 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple Updates 'iTunes Movie Trailers' App With Full Critic Reviews, Favorites Notifications

Apple today update its iTunes Movie Trailers app to version 1.4, adding several new features to the app that provides users with an array of HD movie previews and clips.

The app now includes a Favorites feature that notifies users with a push notification when a movie debuts in theaters or becomes available in the iTunes Store, and full critic reviews from popular site Rotten Tomatoes are now included for movies that are in theaters. Previously, the app displayed only aggregate scores.

Links to movie trailers can be shared using AirDrop, and the app has also gained bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Quote:
What's New in Version 1.4
This update includes the following improvements:

- Add a movie to Favorites to be notified when it debuts in theaters or becomes available in the iTunes Store
- Read critic reviews provided by Rotten Tomatoes for movies that are in theaters, right from the app
- Share links to your favorite movie trailers using AirDrop
- Additional bug fixes and performance improvements
iTunes Movie Trailers can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Apple Updates 'iTunes Movie Trailers' App With Full Critic Reviews, Favorites Notifications
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 05:52 PM   #2
Ironduke
macrumors 65816

is this actually available in europe yet?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 05:52 PM   #3
Lapidus
macrumors regular

Weird that this app isn't available in my region in the App Store but it does appear in the Apple TV menu.
Lapidus is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 05:54 PM   #4
njsapple2012
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironduke View Post
Doesn't look like it... About time it was!
njsapple2012 is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 06:18 PM   #5
jimthing
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironduke View Post
True. Not here in the UK, even though we speak the same language, so presume it must be a licensing issue of some kind.

IMDB integration? Yes we have Rotten Tomatoes for those that may want to use that, but IMDB is the site for film & TV information, yet it has no integrations with with Apple's app offering.

Again, being "an Amazon company" answers that one I suppose, but nonetheless it's still a flaw that Apple cannot seemingly fix.

I dunno about other users around here, but I just use the IMDB app on my phone/pad to search the item I want, and get not only the trailer but also much more detailed info about the film/programme anyway along with forums per item, AND importantly I can very easily add items to lists I have created "To see", "Seen", "Favourites", etc. – so Apple's Trailer app has missed the boat by a mile as far as I'm concerned.

wiki:
jimthing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 06:54 PM   #6
CrazyForApple
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to CrazyForApple
Just in time for the summer movie season
CrazyForApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 06:56 PM   #7
flux73
macrumors 6502a

Do these changes apply to the Apple TV version as well?
flux73 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 07:56 PM   #8
orbital~debris
macrumors regular

Before this new version was released, about a week or two ago, I tried to give Apple my feedback concerning the lack of availability of this app in the UK.

I couldn't find anywhere suitable to enter that feedback - all of the links and forms are too specific - and in the end I speculatively emailed some comments (asking why it wasn't available in the UK; especially odd as it is on Apple TV in the UK, as well as please could it be made available) to feedback@apple.com.

My email bounced.

Does anyone else have any idea how we're supposed to make aware that there is demand for this app in the UK (short of asking Jony Ive nicely next time he's back home for a visit! / hoping that Apple interns are tasked with surfing the MR forums)?
orbital~debris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2014, 03:12 AM   #9
flottenheimer
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbital~debris View Post
... I couldn't find anywhere suitable to enter that feedback - all of the links and forms are too specific - and in the end I speculatively emailed some comments (asking why it wasn't available in the UK; especially odd as it is on Apple TV in the UK, as well as please could it be made available) to [email]feedback@apple.com[/email...
Why not send your requests directly to Tim?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 03:36 AM   #10
jimthing
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by flottenheimer View Post
Why not send your requests directly to Tim?
Or try the spacemen on the International Space Station, for that matter, as that's likely all the good it'll do you!

wiki:
jimthing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2014, 08:44 AM   #11
ffmed124
macrumors newbie

Kind of reminds me of Front Row that used to be a part of the operating system on Mac. Wished it was still available, I really enjoyed it.
ffmed124 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion