Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Mar 25, 2014, 04:55 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

'BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 2' Expansion Pack Hits Mac and PC Simultaneously

The latest expansion pack to BioShock Infinite has launched simultaneously on the Mac and PC. Burial at Sea - Episode 2 is the third and final add-on pack for BioShock Infinite and is included in the season pass for that game.

It is available on the Mac for $15 on Steam and Aspyr's GameAgent.com store, and will be added to the Mac App Store later this week. BioShock Infinite ($30) is required to play the expansion packs, with the three-episode season pass available for $20.
Quote:
Set immediately after the conclusion of BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode One, this concluding episode puts you in the role of Elizabeth as she journeys through Rapture in an effort to rescue the little sister she abandoned. Developed by Irrational Games, the studio behind the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite, this continuation of the Burial at Sea saga features parts of Rapture you've never seen before, built almost entirely from scratch in the BioShock Infinite engine. Explore the city and engage in a story that involves nearly every major character from the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite. Experience modified stealth-oriented gameplay that brings you new weapons and plasmids, as well as some old favorites.

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode Two is the last of three BioShock Infinite add-on packs and it concludes the storyline of BioShock Infinite and Burial at Sea. This pack is included in the BioShock Infinite Season Pass and will contain new Achievements.
BioShock Infinite, its related expansion packs, and BioShock 1 and 2 are available on Steam, GameAgent.com and the Mac App Store.

Article Link: 'BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 2' Expansion Pack Hits Mac and PC Simultaneously
MacRumors is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 04:56 PM   #2
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Downloading now on ps3, can't wait. It is about 3 gigs
Old Mar 25, 2014, 05:09 PM   #3
melendezest
macrumors 6502a

People still game on the Mac? Isn't that what BootCamp is for?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 05:11 PM   #4
69Mustang
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
Downloading now on ps3, can't wait. It is about 3 gigs
Been waiting on this. You're right. 1.6+ GB for BaSE2.1 and 1.2+GB for BaSE2.2 (360). Hopefully that means a fairly in-depth wrap up.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 05:17 PM   #5
Richdmoore
macrumors 65816

Downloading on Xbox 360, thanks for the heads up!
Richdmoore is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Buddygor
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Buddygor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mustang View Post
Been waiting on this. You're right. 1.6+ GB for BaSE2.1 and 1.2+GB for BaSE2.2 (360). Hopefully that means a fairly in-depth wrap up.
Heard it's over 5 hours long. Ep. 1 seemed rushed, but this better be good. This is the last Ken Levine Bioshock game to release
Buddygor is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:15 PM   #7
blasto2236
macrumors 6502

Great job to everyone at Aspyr for getting this out on the same day as PC! I had forgotten it was even out today, as I assumed we'd be in for a wait on Mac. You guys have done and outstanding job with this port, and this is just the icing on the cake for all your customers. Now I'm off to play!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:56 PM   #8
Exotic-Car Man
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by melendezest View Post
That's not what Valve thinks. They want you to be gaming on Linux. And if you're going to develop for Linux, you might as well develop for OS X as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasto2236 View Post
Great job to everyone at Aspyr for getting this out on the same day as PC! I had forgotten it was even out today, as I assumed we'd be in for a wait on Mac. You guys have done and outstanding job with this port, and this is just the icing on the cake for all your customers. Now I'm off to play!
Agreed. Aspyr usually does a pretty good job of getting expansions out on Mac the same day as PC.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:09 AM   #9
Icaras
macrumors 601

Waiting for the Mac App Store version

----------

Quote:
Hell yes people do!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 01:50 AM   #10
ethanlee
macrumors regular

Quote:
Boot Camp kills battery, in my personal experience. It's probably me taking Mavericks power management for granted and Windows sucking at graphics card switching, though.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 03:37 AM   #11
imacken
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Gaming on OS X has never been healthier. Bootcamp is a total non-starter for me, and I play a lot of games.
Look on Steam, Feral and Aspyr sites.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 04:36 AM   #12
roadbloc
macrumors 604

Send a message via Skype™ to roadbloc
Epic. I look forward to giving this a spin. At 9GB this better be good.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 05:44 AM   #13
melendezest
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
Gaming on OS X has never been healthier. Bootcamp is a total non-starter for me, and I play a lot of games.
Hahaha, sorry guys!

My ability for sarcasm is not what it used to be. I thought the "" implied it.

Game on, fellas, game on!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 08:13 AM   #14
star-affinity
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
I agree with you. The problem as I see it is the performance difference in Windows compared to OS X. Quite a lot better in ”heavier scenes”*in Windows.
star-affinity is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:26 PM   #15
Aspyr-Blair
macrumors 6502

[QUOTE=Icaras;18925396]Waiting for the Mac App Store version [COLOR="#808080"]

Today or tomorrow! Its being reviewed by Apple now, and we dont expect a delay.

Thanks for all the props guys. Its a huge undertaking to ship the same day as the PC. If the partner is up for the coordination effort it takes to make it happen, we can deliver
Aspyr-Blair is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:23 PM   #16
blasto2236
macrumors 6502

[QUOTE=Aspyr-Blair;18927092]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
Waiting for the Mac App Store version [COLOR="#808080"]

Today or tomorrow! Its being reviewed by Apple now, and we dont expect a delay.

Thanks for all the props guys. Its a huge undertaking to ship the same day as the PC. If the partner is up for the coordination effort it takes to make it happen, we can deliver
Blair - Do you know if there are any plans to port South Park: The Stick of Truth? That's one I would love to see come to Mac.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:03 AM   #17
Aspyr-Blair
macrumors 6502

[QUOTE=blasto2236;18928948]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspyr-Blair View Post

Blair - Do you know if there are any plans to port South Park: The Stick of Truth? That's one I would love to see come to Mac.
I don't know of any right now, but that certainly doesn't mean that it wont happen. Lots of folks in our office have the same hope! Obsidian did an amazing job with that one.
Aspyr-Blair is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2014, 03:15 PM   #18
CrazyForApple
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to CrazyForApple
I wish every game would be on Mac simultaneously with PC but that will never happen. Sadly.
CrazyForApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion