Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonathanm1222

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
I still have a 2007 white MacBook but the battery is dead. Having recently purchased a MacBook Pro and an iMac I don't really use it anymore. Also the battery is dead. Once I replace the battery I'm looking for interesting ideas as to how I can put it to use. Attach speakers and use it solely for music? Any suggestions are appreciated.

CSCONTO1

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2014

Hi and thanks for posting,

I have a Mid-2007 Black Macbook that I bought back in September of last year. I find the machine makes an excellent complement to my late-2006 iMac, and I regularly use the MacBook for homework, web browsing, email, MS Office and iWork, along with the occasional minecraft :). If you have the money to replace the battery, I would recommend replacing it and try to use the MacBook as a spare machine so you don't run the risk of losing / damaging your MacBook Pro. If you don't, then these machines are excellent as far as desk duty goes and you can easily hook them up to speakers or a display to use it for multimedia! Hope I helped!

Last edited:

DaveTheRave

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
I would hide it somewhere in your house and use it as a wireless music server sending your tunes to different airplay speakers and control it using the Remote app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.