Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abhayqw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2014
Hi I have Macbook pro 13" few days back my hard disk got corrupt so now I want to install Os into new blank hard disk and also my dvd-r doesnt work so I want to install it through usb or External hard disk pls sugest course of action
Now I have already dowwnloaded the Os pls help me in process

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Hi I have Macbook pro 13" few days back my hard disk got corrupt so now I want to install Os into new blank hard disk and also my dvd-r doesnt work so I want to install it through usb or External hard disk pls sugest course of action
Now I have already dowwnloaded the Os pls help me in process

What year is your Macbook Pro?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area

hiddenmarkov

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2014
Japan
Just hold cmd-R while you boot the machine and it will boot over the internet so you can reinstall OS X. https://www.apple.com/osx/recovery/

this....

I have done this a few times and it works nice. It has recovery stuff burned into firmware.

I would make the recommendation that when/if you do this use a wired connection. Wired is faster and you will be pulling down a whole OS doing this. Over trying out a few drives in a short time span I found this process goes much faster with a wired connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.