Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I am trying to download a game called "smashy bird" and in the description it says that it requires iOS 5.0 but my iPhone is on iOS 6.1.3 and when I tap the download button it says to upgrade to 7.1
yva5umy4.jpg

Last edited:

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
I tried 7.1 and I'm not happy with it just because the music app lags a bit.

Each to their own but I personally wouldn't torture myself using that outdated OS for that reason alone only. And to be honest I very rarely use the music app anyway. Spotify all the time.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Each to their own but I personally wouldn't torture myself using that outdated OS for that reason alone only. And to be honest I very rarely use the music app anyway. Spotify all the time.

I use the music app daily and I have over 300 songs. The app lags when I scroll through albums and when I tap the "back" button.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There's really nothing outdated about iOS 6. It might not be the latest version or have some extras like Control Center, but that doesn't make it outdated. But, yeah, to each his/her own.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
There's really nothing outdated about iOS 6. It might not be the latest version or have some extras like Control Center, but that doesn't make it outdated. But, yeah, to each his/her own.

I misjudged the title and thought it was iOS 5. Yes, the fact is iOS 6 is not outdated, however from my personal experience compare to iOS 7 looks very outdated.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
I use the music app daily and I have over 300 songs. The app lags when I scroll through albums and when I tap the "back" button.

Why would the albums lag while scrolling under iOS 7? I would think that would be RAM restricted (caching album art) rather than CPU and my 4S scrolls 3,000 songs perfectly under iOS 7.1 (previously under iOS 7 there were some lag evident).

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Why would the albums lag while scrolling under iOS 7? I would think that would be RAM restricted (caching album art) rather than CPU and my 4S scrolls 3,000 songs perfectly under iOS 7.1 (previously under iOS 7 there were some lag evident).

Yeah maybe but this doesn't happen on iOS 6

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.