Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2014
Hey folks. I was holding out for an iPhone 6 this year but my 4s didn't agree so the 5c was the best option until the 6 arrives. Had I done research I would have noticed the small pool of cases to choose from and would have chosen a 5s but what's done is done. I'm now in the market for a new rugged case for my iphone 5c. I'm currently using the Griffon Survivor but I'm very dissatisfied with it because it causes me to sound like I'm talking through a paper tube according to people on the line with me and the front screen protector portion is loose.

I've owned 4 different iPhone models and have always used Obox Defender cases with great satisfaction however I do not like the new design for the 5s/5c that has minimal home button protection.

I'm leaning towards the i-Blason atm, but any advice would be much appreciated.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
5c rugged case recommendation.

Hey folks. I was holding out for an iPhone 6 this year but my 4s didn't agree so the 5c was the best option until the 6 arrives. Had I done research I would have noticed the small pool of cases to choose from and would have chosen a 5s but what's done is done. I'm now in the market for a new rugged case for my iphone 5c. I'm currently using the Griffon Survivor but I'm very dissatisfied with it because it causes me to sound like I'm talking through a paper tube according to people on the line with me and the front screen protector portion is loose.

I've owned 4 different iPhone models and have always used Obox Defender cases with great satisfaction however I do not like the new design for the 5s/5c that has minimal home button protection.

I'm leaning towards the i-Blason atm, but any advice would be much appreciated.

Spigen SGP10543 iPhone 5C Tough Armor Case Series Metal Slate - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Metal Slate
http://amzn.com/B00EISGVHQ
Done!
I love this case. Better than my otterbox comutter.

mjike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2014
That's a good looking case but it looks like it doesn't offer home button protection which is a must for me

musicjunky

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
May I ask what is appropriate home button protection? I've never seen this specifically mentioned before.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
5c rugged case recommendation.

Spigen SGP10543 iPhone 5C Tough Armor Case Series Metal Slate - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Metal Slate
http://amzn.com/B00EISGVHQ
Done!
I love this case. Better than my otterbox comutter.

I can vouch for this, it's awesome!!

I'll add pics in a minute!

Edit**

As promised

yra6ejah.jpg
myjynaty.jpg
zyqu3eha.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.