Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alphabetize

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
I just got an iPad mini with Retina Display this morning and I'm loving it. I was worried about the image retention issues that some people were complaining about, but I've yet to have any ghosting so far. I even did the black and white grid test and there was nothing. I'm very happy with the performance, display, and size of the iPad mini. I'm not sure why so many people thumb down to the mini, it's pretty fantastic.

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
I also have the iPad mini retina and I concur that it's a wonderful tablet that I am very happy I purchased.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I bought the rMini back when it was first released and I've been very happy with it. Great little tablet.

DiCaprioAngel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
New York
I bought the rMini after Christmas and it is one of the best purchases I've made. It's perfect for everything I want it to do and, to me, it's the perfect size. I don't need a full sized tablet. The mini does me just fine!

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
I just got an iPad mini with Retina Display this morning and I'm loving it. I was worried about the image retention issues that some people were complaining about, but I've yet to have any ghosting so far. I even did the black and white grid test and there was nothing. I'm very happy with the performance, display, and size of the iPad mini. I'm not sure why so many people thumb down to the mini, it's pretty fantastic.

Only cellular ipad minis retina have the retention problem.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009

Mine's perfect and its a cellular mode. Where did you hear that from, I don't think there's any manufacturing difference between the two models that could explain such an issue.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States

That makes no technical sense.

That being said, the Mini Retina is a very nice tablet and I plan to get one to use as a GPS for my car's dashboard but still, the Air has a significantly better screen and it's brighter which may be some of the reasons the mini gets thumbed down.

iZollo

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
I am also very happy with my iPad mini retina I have cellular model since day 1 and while my ipad failed the retention test I have not noticed it in everyday use. I have noticed since getting the iPad mini retina I have used it far more than I ever used my ipad 3. The size I think has a lot to do with why I use my mini more.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I've had my rMini since launch, and it's been problem free since day 1. Definitely an awesome device.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I love my rMini too! I have the cellular model and while I haven't tested it for image retention, I have never noticed any in regular use.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Another happy customer here. I have iPads 1 and 3, and now a cellular rMini. The size is just perfect for travel and reading ebooks. Very sharp.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I've owned an original iPad and a 2nd gen iPad cellular model. I'm currently using a WiFi iPad mini, but my next purchase will be a cellular retina mini. I've used them in the Apple store and I've played around with a co-workers, and they're great.

Yardman1977

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2014
Chicagoland
I had a 16 gig rmini cellular with image retention that i returned for other reasons....now i have a 32gig rmini cellular that also failed the marco test and has ir. But i never notice it and the good thing is apple will exchange it for me if i want ..i may do that at the very end of my 1 year warranty to get a fresh battery..but prolly will keep this one cuz it has a evenly colored bright white screen with no yellow tones from any angles....and no dead pixels and very minimal light bleed......so dont let ir scare you off....cuz its not even noticable in real world use.....i am happy with it but i also have an air so one of them is gonna have to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.