Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rfs2005

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
Years ago, I had a Blackberry that allowed me to change sounds based on the selected profile, and also allowed me to add certain contacts to an "exception list", with the ability to assign a different ringtone. I'm looking for something with the same functionality.

For example, at night, I'd like to select a profile that keeps all sounds on vibrate, with the exception of certain contacts (work and a few others), and I'd like for those numbers to ring with a tone that is loud enough to wake me up. When a normal profile is selected, I'd like for all contacts to ring with a normal ringtone.

So far, I've tried SBProfiles and VIP, but they don't seem to have the feature set I am looking for, but it is possible that I overlooked something. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

rfs2005

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for something with the same functionality that I had in my old Blackberry - the ability to change ringtone based on the profile selected, with exceptions for selected contacts.

Thanks.

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
No responses yet? I guess such an app doesn't exist.

Well, if you're asking for something that does the same as your old blackberry than you're right - no such tweak exists.
If your looking for something similar you can try a combination of SBProfiles and Ringer&Tones.
With these you can set custom system profiles as well as apply individual ringtones to contacts. But no way to apply different ringtones to customized system profiles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.