Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chunkymunky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Im wanting to buy an ibook... should i wait and see if they release an ibook with intel?

eleveneastgate

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2005
Depends on what you wanna do and how much you wanna spend.

OR

You could just hold off and wait for the REV B or C MacBook because you'll jus' end up selling your iB for a MB anyways... ;)

That's what happened to me (with a PB)... :D

chunkymunky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
I want something cheap and reliable.. its going to be used for internet access while travelling, photographs, and updating my ipod.

Marky_Mark

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
UK
chunkymunky said:
I want something cheap and reliable.. its going to be used for internet access while travelling, photographs, and updating my ipod.

Get an iBook and save yourself a coupla hundred bucks and the priviledge of being an Apple Rev A tester for free. :)

eleveneastgate

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2005
chunkymunky said:

I'd suggest eBay. I've seen used iB G4's go for $500-$700 lately.

Jus' make sure you ask a lot of questions, and insist on getting one with all the Manuals, Disks, Cords, etc. with at least 512 RAM, and a Airport Extreme card. These usually came with a 30 G HDD, but if you can get one with a bigger HHD, cool!

AND make sure it's a G4 iB, G3 iB's had a lot of Logic Board problems...

Hope this helps!

chunkymunky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
cheers lads or lass's, will take this advice into consideration.. its a shame there is only 3 apple stores in the uk.. and none near me at all, so i cant go and ask them questions.

i like the i book but if they are gonna release an i book with intel i may wait for a bit

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.