Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JTMusicVA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2014
Woodbridge, VA, USA
Hey there.
I have an older 2006 iMac (6.1, OS X 10.7.5.)
I had the original white Mac Keyboard that came with it, but it sometimes wouldn't be discovered by the iMac, and not work. I'd have to reach behind and reconnect it to get it to work.
I deemed the keyboard as "bad", got rid of it, and bought a Verbatim Speaker Keyboard (made for Mac.) Now, occasionally, this keyboard will stop working, and I again have to disconnect/reconnect to get it working again!
What's going on here?
I do have the keyboard plugged into USB port #1 on a USB hub...
On a Windows machine, I'd deem it a driver problem, but I'm new to Mac-world, and thought the whole driver thing wasn't supposed to be an issue...???
Further information - I had updated from 10.6.8 to 10.7.5, and after doing so, the right-mouse button stopped working. I did some research, and found that 2 hid files needed to be present for the right mouse button to work properly. Is the keyboard stopping along the same lines as my right mouse button issue?
Would appreciate any advice/help....
Thanks!

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
what else is plugged into the hub?
is it a powered hub? do you have it plugged in?

it could be power related, if you have a hard drive (or something else with high power usage, like charging a phone or tablet) on the same hub it could be using all the power.

if your hub came with a power adapter, try plugging that in.

JTMusicVA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2014
Woodbridge, VA, USA
Yes, it is a powered hub, and I have a 1000mA power supply plugged into it....
I've thought of getting a higher amperage power supply for this hub.
Regardless, this was happening with the original Mac Keyboard when it was plugged directly into the back USB on the iMac itself...
Thanks for the post!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.