Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hunter78

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Okej i am a Apple fan boy (have many Apple product)

But I was disappointed about my iPhone 4S battery 3 years later. Now i have about 3h on 3G with my iPhone 4S, before my 4S is dead.

Today I am using a Samsung Note 3 (as prime phone) with minimum 1d 2h standby and 6h 18 min active (screentime) but I am thinking of too replace my 4S with a iPhone 5s.

But I am afraid I won't have good battery and I will need too use a battery pack for iPhone 5s.

So what is your battery use (screentime) on only 3G/ 4G - Ltd use with your iPhone 5S. And Try too motivated me why I should by a iPhone 5s 64GB.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here

But I was disappointed about my iPhone 4S battery 3 years later. Now i have about 3h on 3G with my iPhone 4S, before my 4S is dead.

Today I am using a Samsung Note 3 (as prime phone) with minimum 1d 2h standby and 6h 18 min active (screentime) but I am thinking of too replace my 4S with a iPhone 5s.

But I am afraid I won't have good battery and I will need too use a battery pack for iPhone 5s.

So what is your battery use (screentime) on only 3G/ 4G - Ltd use with your iPhone 5S. And Try too motivated me why I should by a iPhone 5s 64GB.

Motivate you?? Keep your note, how's that for motivation...

Hunter78

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2013

I am using my phone primarily for sms/mms, mail, twitter, Facebook news reading and calling a lot of calls.

MPclk2006

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
Texas

Not trying to be rude but if you need "motivation" to buy something, then maybe you shouldnt buy it...because no matter what we say here, its your money and the phone you will use for the near future everyday...good luck.

Hunter78

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
What I really need too know is that the battery is not rubbish in use. Thats why lam asking before I buy.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
The 5s lasts all day for me. My work day usually consists of 11-12 hour shifts. By the time I go home, my iPhone is at around 15%-30% on average.

I have a Note 3 too. I still have to say the 5s was worth every penny I spent on it.

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
What I really need too know is that the battery is not rubbish in use. Thats why lam asking before I buy.

Perception and reaction can be heavily influenced by ones choice of words.

The iPhone 5s battery will not touch your note 3s battery. The battery will be way better than your wore out 4s. The iPhone 5s won't get 6 hours screen time, like your note, but if your using it as a secondary phone...it will do you fine.

I use the 5s as a primary phone...and while it's battery is no where near what I had during the seven days I spent with the nokia 1520.... It serves me we'll enough. Love the phone. I have tried to move to other phones but can't.

Hunter78

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2013

The iPhone 5s battery will not touch your note 3s battery. The battery will be way better than your wore out 4s. The iPhone 5s won't get 6 hours screen time, like your note, but if your using it as a secondary phone...it will do you fine.

I use the 5s as a primary phone...and while it's battery is no where near what I had during the seven days I spent with the nokia 1520.... It serves me we'll enough. Love the phone. I have tried to move to other phones but can't.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy

There are several threads about iPhone 5s battery life, and you are signed in a couple of them.
It's not easy to give you an answer, since battery life depends on many factors like your usage, the signal strength of the place you live/work and so on ...

iPhone 5s battery life surely is a little bit less than your actual phone, since the Note 3 has a very big battery inside.
At the same time iPhone 5s is better than iPhone 4s in that aspect, and your iPhone 4s is a three years old device, its battery is aging ....

Battery life generally isn't an issue for iPhone 5s, but you should buy it based on other considerations.
My suggestion is to keep your note 3 until September and then evaluate the next iPhone 6.

----------

Actually I can easily pass the 6 Hrs screen time on my iPhone 5s .... And it is my primary phone for sure.

Hunter78

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
There are several threads about iPhone 5s battery life, and you are signed in a couple of them.
It's not easy to give you an answer, since battery life depends on many factors like your usage, the signal strength of the place you live/work and so on ...

iPhone 5s battery life surely is a little bit less than your actual phone, since the Note 3 has a very big battery inside.
At the same time iPhone 5s is better than iPhone 4s in that aspect, and your iPhone 4s is a three years old device, its battery is aging ....

Battery life generally isn't an issue for iPhone 5s, but you should buy it based on other considerations.
My suggestion is to keep your note 3 until September and then evaluate the next iPhone 6.

----------

Actually I can easily pass the 6 Hrs screen time on my iPhone 5s .... And it is my primary phone for sure.

You do???

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I know you do get about 6h of screentime but it seems you are the only one too do so. And I am asking why no one else get 6h+ on there iPhones.

The only one ????
Please take your time to check other threads on this forum ... Most of the iPhone 5s users have better battery life than mine....

----------

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1644553/

This is the thread to check .... You are going to discover a lot of people with 7-8 hrs of usage

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
The only one ????

Please take your time to check other threads on this forum ... Most of the iPhone 5s users have better battery life than mine....

----------

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1644553/

This is the thread to check .... You are going to discover a lot of people with 7-8 hrs of usage

Usage on iPhone is not the same as screen-on time with android. On android it literally means when the screen is powered on. I probably get 4hrs at best screen-on time with the 5s and around 5 and a half on the Note 3.

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
This is a jailbroken 5s BTW so that would make the battery drain faster than normal. It's a well know fact that the A5 wasn't battery friendly.

Attachments

• battery.PNG
    battery.PNG
    71.4 KB · Views: 87

Hunter78

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
This is a jailbroken 5s BTW so that would make the battery drain faster than normal. It's a well know fact that the A5 wasn't battery friendly.

What did you do too get so good battery? Any special settings?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Keep your note. It's going to have better battery life than the iPhone.

I will say that something is wrong with your 4s if your battery only lasts 3 hours. Sounds like it's time to replace the battery.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
OP: The iPhone 5s is an incremental update over the iPhone 5. Only real noticeable thing it brings is touch id which is very convenient. You really don't need to waste an upgrade on it now. I would just wait for the iPhone 6 at this point.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Usage on iPhone is not the same as screen-on time with android. On android it literally means when the screen is powered on. I probably get 4hrs at best screen-on time with the 5s and around 5 and a half on the Note 3.

Screen in time is an useless information, since the iPhone could be working also with the screen not lighted (I.e. Music, gps, push notifications and so on ...).
But I don't listen music on my iPhone, so in my 8 hrs of usage the screen surely is on 90% of the time.
4 hrs are definitely below average for an iPhone 5S.

----------

Did you take the time to check the link I posted ? Most of the user of iPhone 5s are experiencing usage times well above the 6 hrs threshold ....

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
Screen in time is an useless information, since the iPhone could be working also with the screen not lighted (I.e. Music, gps, push notifications and so on ...).

But I don't listen music on my iPhone, so in my 8 hrs of usage the screen surely is on 90% of the time.

4 hrs are definitely below average for an iPhone 5S.

I wouldn't really call it useless. Just a more detailed description on what's using your battery. I kind of wish iOS was more descriptive and not so vague.

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
Go for the iphone 5s, it is blazing fast and really good looking phone with better app store :D :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.