Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dorleac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
Questions about new PB17 design

Does anyone know..?

I remember reading speculation in the past about two issues/features that might be resolved/introduced in a Powerbook redesign. Since we have the redesign, perhaps this stuff is here or coming soon...

(Please forgive me if I either misinterpreted or misunderstood the rumors or if these issues were already resolved last November.)

1) Employment of a Mac patent on a new heat-dispersement design for its Powerbooks with different placement of heat sinks, different metals used internally, etc. to aid in better cooling of the machines.

2) Variable bus timing where the Powerbook would use energy according to how many apps, what screen brightness settings were being used, etc. thereby saving battery life (not just an ambient light sensor triggering screen brightness/keyboard illumination).

Anyone know if these things were included in the design of the new PB(s) or if they're still coming?

Please keep me posted if you hear anything.
Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.