Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Mar 31, 2014, 06:27 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

iPad Air and iPad mini With LTE Cellular Launch in China

Apple has launched TD-LTE capable models of the iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display in China, adding to existing iPad models that support other cellular networks in China. The new models are almost certainly the then-unreleased devices that became supported with iOS 7.1 earlier this month.

Quote:
AppleŽ today announced TD-LTE capable models of iPad Air(TM) and iPad mini(TM) with RetinaŽ display, bringing high-speed LTE performance* to iPadŽ customers in China, are available starting today. The new iPad models give customers the ability to connect to today's most advanced cellular data networks at blazingly fast speeds, so users can surf the web or download email and apps even faster.

iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display models supporting TD-LTE also accommodate the TD-SCDMA mobile standard, and join existing iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display WLAN + Cellular models in support of Personal Hotspot connectivity and other advanced cellular technology (GSM/EDGE, DC-HSDPA, HSPA+) to provide customers in China fast cellular access in whichever iPad model they choose.
China Mobile began selling the iPhone 5s and 5c on its new 4G/TD-LTE network back in January, with these iPads capable of working on the same higher speed network.

Article Link: iPad Air and iPad mini With LTE Cellular Launch in China
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2014, 07:36 PM   #2
joshwenke
macrumors member

Send a message via Yahoo to joshwenke Send a message via Skype™ to joshwenke
I'm glad I don't live in China where I would have to wait awhile for products to come to my area.
joshwenke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2014, 07:36 PM   #3
HappyDude20
macrumors 68020

The great firewall of china will be even more easily accessible now!

Jokes aside, with my U.S. iPad can't I just visit china and pop in one of their sims for service abroad?
HappyDude20 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2014, 07:48 PM   #4
Freida
macrumors 6502

are those the ones we found the model numbers few days back?
Freida is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2014, 07:49 PM   #5
gotluck
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freida View Post
are those the ones we found the model numbers few days back?
Believe so
gotluck is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2014, 09:03 PM   #6
tonyunreal
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude20 View Post
Jokes aside, with my U.S. iPad can't I just visit china and pop in one of their sims for service abroad?
Yes you can, all cellular models of iPads is compatible with China Unicom, and the last two generations (iPad 4/Air/Mini/Mini with Retina) support both China Unicom and China Telecom.

The new models mentioned in original article are for China Mobile only, which runs *cough* so called "homebrew" *cough* 3G technology of China.

On the other hand, it could be a PITA for a traveler to buy Pay-as-you-go data SIMs in China...
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:16 PM   #7
CrazyForApple
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to CrazyForApple
Well they should have them there since they make the damn things there.
CrazyForApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion