Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
I'm trying to decide between a low-end Mac Pro and a high-end iMac. The iMac would provide more bang for the buck, but the MacRumors buying guide cautions against buying one now.

However, the only CPU change in the next few months will be a minor Haswell refresh, since Broadwell is delayed until next year. I assume that Apple will also update to TB2, which I don't really need, and I don't expect any changes on the internal storage or video card front. So the current (late 2013) iMac makes sense. Am I missing anything? TIA.

woyixiulas

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2014
me too,I asked a similar question about a month ago and decided to get the top of the line model at the refurb store now.
4vl2

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
The way Apple spoon feeds updates I've never been disappointed by not waiting.

When something I find to be really useful comes out in any of their devices the generation of that device that I own is ready to be upgraded anyway.

Freshmen

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Is it worth it to upgrade my iMac and get a new one? There isn't going to be a design refresh anytime soon right? Thats all i care about

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.