Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Hi, is there any app or a JB utlity to enable the display of notfications for my Twitter timeline? I.e. when someone I follow tweets I'd like to receive a notifcation in my Notification Center?

Thanks!

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
You can do this with the regular Twitter app in the App Store. In fact, it's the only reason I have that app installed. For all other Twitter usage, I use Tweetbot, but I keep Twitter around because I can get timeline notifications.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
You can do this with the regular Twitter app in the App Store. In fact, it's the only reason I have that app installed. For all other Twitter usage, I use Tweetbot, but I keep Twitter around because I can get timeline notifications.

I have the regular Twitter app but it's not showing up in my NC. If I check the Notficications inside the Twitter app I can see only mentions and direct replies, so I assume those WOULD show up in the NC... but I need tweets to show up.

This MR thread seems to corroborate what I'm seeing? - https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1257059/

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California
I have the regular Twitter app but it's not showing up in my NC. If I check the Notficications inside the Twitter app I can see only mentions and direct replies, so I assume those WOULD show up in the NC... but I need tweets to show up.

This MR thread seems to corroborate what I'm seeing? - https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1257059/

Let me get this straight, you want your Twitter's feed to show up inside NC? There is a better way to achieve this, get iWidgets from Cydia and download Twitter widget do some editing (it comes with step by step instructions) and you're good to go.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO

I believe you'll need to turn on mobile notifications for each contact. Instead of sending text messages, since you have the application, it'll send push notifications which will show up in NC.

Downside: you need to remember to do this for each person you follow, which is a pain, and you need to remember to do it for each new person from here on out. I'm not positive, but this might need to be done via the website.

Upside: you could have only some people's tweets get pushed to your phone if you have some people who are annoying, but for whatever reason, you don't want to unfollow.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
I would just like my Twitter badge to update every time my Timeline updates, but it seems there is no push mechanism

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
I believe you'll need to turn on mobile notifications for each contact. Instead of sending text messages, since you have the application, it'll send push notifications which will show up in NC.

Downside: you need to remember to do this for each person you follow, which is a pain, and you need to remember to do it for each new person from here on out. I'm not positive, but this might need to be done via the website.

Upside: you could have only some people's tweets get pushed to your phone if you have some people who are annoying, but for whatever reason, you don't want to unfollow.

Interesting, will try this out. One caveat may be that Twitter text alerts are not supported by my carrier, but not sure if that plays any role in setting up mobile notifications...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.