Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skeeyee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2014
Hey everyone im looking for some cool iPhone bumpers that are made of aluminum or metal. I want one that slides on and off my 5s easily without any screws. I have one right now that i really like but im looking for other similar ones. Im a case hoarder. This one works really good so far. I like that its one solid frame that goes over the phone. So let me know if you guys know of any similar cases.

SkeeYee

damant

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2010
cool : Yes.
functional to protect your phone : yes

BUT it will degrade your signals and GPS !
all metal ring around your phone would (especially a continuous ones)...(even if it doesn't touch your phone (ie insulation by tape; rubber or plastic)).

when you are in a strong signal areas, you won't care or notice it...but when the signal is not so good...you WILL have a problem !

that's the reason why Element Case had to put in the plastic haps on their metal cases.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
cool : Yes.
functional to protect your phone : yes

BUT it will degrade your signals and GPS !
all metal ring around your phone would (especially a continuous ones)...(even if it doesn't touch your phone (ie insulation by tape; rubber or plastic)).

when you are in a strong signal areas, you won't care or notice it...but when the signal is not so good...you WILL have a problem !

that's the reason why Element Case had to put in the plastic haps on their metal cases.

Thanks for stating this. It often goes unsaid and people spend money and find out their signal is lost. Your statement is accurate about Element Case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.