Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Apr 2, 2014, 04:53 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Jailbreak Tweak Auxo 2 Brings Unified Control Center, Gesture-Based Multitasking to iOS

Auxo 2, the followup to 2012’s popular jailbreak tweak Auxo, is now available in the Cydia Store. The product of developers @Sentry_NC and QusicS, the new tweak includes a number of features including a unified view for the Control Center and app switcher, a Quick Switcher for moving between apps using gestures, a hot corners feature that allows access to apps by touching the corners of an iOS device, and more.

Unlike the stock iOS 7 experience, Auxo 2 allows users to access the app switcher, multitasking controls, and Control Center toggles entirely with the use of gestures, all while combining all three elements into one interface and offering a variety of settings for customization.

Auxo 2’s flagship feature is the Quick Switcher, which allows users to switch between apps by swiping from the bottom left of a device and releasing a finger on an open app. By default, the Quick Switcher is limited to six apps, but users may enable an unlimited amount of apps in the settings. The Quick Switcher features a fluid animation in line with the rest of iOS 7, and features dynamic full screen previews for each app.

Meanwhile, Auxo 2's Multi-Center feature combines iOS 7's toggles, App Switcher, and media controls into one interface. In order to achieve the sheer number of controls located within Multi-Center, Auxo 2 locates a few elements in different places, with the AirPlay/AirDrop buttons and control toggles at the top, which is followed by media controls at the bottom. Multi-Center animates in and out of an open app, and contains various customization settings.

Auxo 2 also offers a Hot Corners feature, which allows users to return to the home screen by swiping up from the bottom right corner of the screen or access the app switcher from swiping up from the bottom left of the display. This enables users to access both UI elements with only gestures as opposed to using the home button.

Among other features, Auxo 2 allows the user to scrub through iTunes Radio tracks with its media controls, something that is not possible with the stock Music app. Other toggles for turning off elements, accessing the last open app, inverting the Hot Corners feature, and disabling the tweak in selected apps are available as well.

Auxo 2 is out now on the Cydia Store for $3.99, and is available at a discounted price of $1.99 for users who bought the original Auxo tweak. iDownloadBlog also has a detailed review of Auxo 2 covering all of its major features and customization options, and can be seen in the video below.

Article Link: Jailbreak Tweak Auxo 2 Brings Unified Control Center, Gesture-Based Multitasking to iOS
MacRumors is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 04:57 PM   #2
3bs
macrumors 603

Let the hate begin.
3bs is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 05:01 PM   #3
bushido
macrumors 601

no homebutton is always good but activator is good enough for me. looks a bit too cluttered
bushido is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 05:03 PM   #4
HishamAkhtar
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bs View Post
let the hate begin.
<3
HishamAkhtar is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 05:08 PM   #5
RebornProphet
macrumors 6502

What I want to know is where I can get that Spotify icon in the middle screenshot.
RebornProphet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 05:09 PM   #6
Parasprite
macrumors 65816

Baring the theme giving me a headache...

Conceptually I like the layout of the unified Control Center, but the rest seems a little gimmicky for my tastes.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 05:13 PM   #7
ppdix
macrumors 6502

Just bought it for $1.99 since I already had version 1... Pretty awesome
I still prefer the Gridswitcher tweak...p
ppdix is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 05:13 PM   #8
alohamade
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornProphet View Post
What I want to know is where I can get that Spotify icon in the middle screenshot.
That would be the Soft Remix for iOS 7 icon pack in Cydia! Lots of great work there!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 05:14 PM   #9
macnisse
macrumors 6502

Well done guys, looks really nice!
macnisse is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 05:31 PM   #10
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

No custom toggle support, no thank you. Otherwise it looks great.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 05:39 PM   #11
Swift
macrumors 65816

I don't get it

Cool programming, but why on earth would you want to use a phone or tablet this way? Just to use up cycles? Do an experiment about how fast you can drain a battery?
Swift is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 05:44 PM   #12
goobot
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
No custom toggle support, no thank you. Otherwise it looks great.
CCtoggles kinda works with it. The toggles work but the quick launches disappear completely.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 05:57 PM   #13
mdridwan47
macrumors regular

This is really awesome, so I know apple won't do it.
mdridwan47 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 06:30 PM   #14
Di4mondz
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
Cool programming, but why on earth would you want to use a phone or tablet this way? Just to use up cycles? Do an experiment about how fast you can drain a battery?
Ha, my battery life is just as good as when my iPhone was not jalbroken. I have 50+ tweaks installed and I pull out 2 hour plus battery life. It's still as fast as stock if not faster.

Last edited by Di4mondz; Apr 2, 2014 at 06:39 PM.
Di4mondz is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 07:02 PM   #15
Sharkey311
macrumors regular

I somehow was able to purchase it for 99 cents...control center buttons make it crash unless you do it on the lockscreen which is a loss....but the rest is really nice.
Sharkey311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 07:06 PM   #16
henzpwnapple
macrumors member

Now making me want to JB again... or can i trade these off with the parallax effects and all those useless motion things?

I want my phone to be functional, not... cheezy.
henzpwnapple is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 09:44 PM   #17
Karma*Police
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdridwan47 View Post
This is really awesome, so I know apple won't do it.
Why would you say that? Where do you think Apple got its idea for Control Center?
Karma*Police is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:15 PM   #18
willryan42
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
willryan42 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:30 PM   #19
0xyMoron
macrumors 6502

It's an ok tweak but i don't see the reason why do i need to call-up Control Center every time i want to use app switcher. MultiTaskingGeastures + GridSwitcher is a much better combo for comfortable multitasking experience.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 02:23 AM   #20
RebornProphet
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohamade View Post
That would be the Soft Remix for iOS 7 icon pack in Cydia! Lots of great work there!
Thank you!
RebornProphet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:22 AM   #21
darkslide29
macrumors 6502a

Sounds cool that I'd purchase it for $2 without even thinking about it! For $4 (since I didn't own the original), eh i'll wait a few days and see if I still want it.. Funny how the mind works for some people.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 01:02 PM   #22
KdParker
macrumors 68020

Not a jailbreaker...but would be nice to have some of these changes as options with out jailbreaking the phone.
KdParker is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2014, 01:18 PM   #23
Tim098
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma*Police View Post
Why would you say that? Where do you think Apple got its idea for Control Center?
True but it took them so many years before admitting that having quick settings was awesome. I hope it doesn't take them more than iOS 8 to bring a quick switcher feature in. Auxo 2 nailed it IMO.
Tim098 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion