Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheDude75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I am an I.T. Manager and I have been tasked with producing reports for calls made / taken by the Sales Team (on their mobile devices). Luckily the entire Sales Team are using the iPhone 5 (or 5s), so I am hopeful that there is a good free (or paid) App that can log calls and hopefully -

• Email the results
  • Schedule a weekly / monthly emailing of the results
If automatic / scheduled sending of an email (with a log file) is not possible I am still interested in Apps that will rely upon the Sales Man to send a log file manually.

Any advice here will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Basically, you'd have to jailbreak each iPhone to get the automated capability.

For non automated capability, a program like iExplorer can be used. Each phone will have to be plugged into a computer and the information pulled that way.

Or, if these phones are all on a corporate account, why not just get the call history from the carrier?

TheDude75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Hello scaredpoet,

Thanks for your response.

Would I need to create a separate user account, in Windows, for each staff members iPhone? I know that iTunes needs a separate account for each iPhone, hence the question.

Kind Regards,

David

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What about looking at the data on the carrier side and pull the call information from there?

TheDude75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Hi C DM,

Our carrier (much like others) will only report on calls that are made (e.g.: calls that they can charge for), and are not interested (or capable) of reporting on calls that are received.

Kind Regards,

Davo

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi C DM,

Our carrier (much like others) will only report on calls that are made (e.g.: calls that they can charge for), and are not interested (or capable) of reporting on calls that are received.

Kind Regards,

Davo
Really? All the carriers I've dealt with report both placed and received calls. But that's essentially with major carriers in US, perhaps it's different with some smaller carriers and/or other countries. That's too bad in that case as that would really be the most reliable and probably easier to access information.

TheDude75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Really? All the carriers I've dealt with report both placed and received calls. But that's essentially with major carriers in US, perhaps it's different with some smaller carriers and/or other countries.
I am in Australia, which has one major player 'Telstra'; previously Telecom (a Federal Government Body). Telstra own about 90% of the infrastructure (copper lines, etc), with 'Optus' owning a smaller piece of the pie. Most of the 3rd party carriers, like Vodafone, Virgin, etc that operate in Australia are riding on Telstra infrastructure, so what they say goes. Generally Telstra don't say much, unless someone lines their pockets with cash!

We are the lucky country, but not when it comes to phone carriers it would seem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.