Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dino F

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Someone posted this on another forum :

If someone calls me who is NOT in my contacts, I get the "slide to answer" screen. If they ARE in my contacts I get the green/red accept/decline buttons instead.

Is this normal behaviour? It seems a little strange to have two different screens for essentially the same task.

Anyone care to test if this is indeed the case with iOS 7.1?!

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Why don't you test it for yourself? :p you just need one more phone.

Anyway, just did it with an iPhone 5s (7.1) and I can say it is not true. Both times I get the slide to answer screen.
The reason is not if the number is in your contacts but if your iPhone is already unlocked. If it is unlocked you get the green and red buttons.

Dino F

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Why don't you test it for yourself? :p you just need one more phone.

Anyway, just did it with an iPhone 5s (7.1) and I can say it is not true. Both times I get the slide to answer screen.
The reason is not if the number is in your contacts but if your iPhone is already unlocked. If it is unlocked you get the green and red buttons.

....I think that is a little incorrect?! My phone is always locked but I always get the green/red buttons to answer/decline?!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
...so are you saying that if you're phone is locked, you get the green/red buttons to answer/decline but if your phone is unlocked, you get the 'slide to answer' screen?!

You got it backwards from what the person you quoted said. Other way around.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
....I think that is a little incorrect?! My phone is always locked but I always get the green/red buttons to answer/decline?!

No! I just tested it again.. if the iPhone is locked you get the slide to answer button and the red/green only if it is not locked.

Dino F

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
No! I just tested it again.. if the iPhone is locked you get the slide to answer button and the red/green only if it is not locked.

...actually - yep, you're correct!! Just called from a landline whilst my phone was locked and got the 'slide to answer'. Then unlocked it and got the green/red buttons instead!

Thanks for clarifying....!!!!

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
...actually - yep, you're correct!! Just called from a landline whilst my phone was locked and got the 'slide to answer'. Then unlocked it and got the green/red buttons instead!

Thanks for clarifying....!!!!

No problem :)

cablechris

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2014
Coming from android this is the one thing I do not like. Let me decline a call from the lock screen... I don't want to have to hit the power or volume button to stop it just let me hit decline!

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Coming from android this is the one thing I do not like. Let me decline a call from the lock screen... I don't want to have to hit the power or volume button to stop it just let me hit decline!

Is there a slide to decline button on Android?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.