Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyborg21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
Istanbul Apple Store (Finally) opened, yay! I went to Apple Store and waited for a long line and entered to an Apple Store. I just wanted to share it with you :D

Cyborg21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
Was it everything you hoped it would be? :)

thats it? you went there? nothing else to say about it?

Well, It's the first Apple Store in Turkey so it was really special. Normally there is no traffic on bridge in 10 AM but when I was going there in 9 AM Bridge was very crowded and all people were going Apple Store :eek: The Shopping Center was very crowded. All the Geniuses were screaming and dancing. There was a HUGE line (Line was so long that I saw people watching movies on their iPads). It took several hours to get there. Apple Store was much superior to other tech stores in Turkey. It was beautifully designed, and Geniuses were very helpful. It was really nice to try every Apple product :D. It was a really good experience and I got a free T-Shirt :D

Also, opening was much more crowded than I expected and Apple store was far further than my expectations :D After opening, I went to a coffee shop next to Apple store and tons of people were unpacking their Apple Products and Apple T-Shirts.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
The novelty will wear off soon.

I hate going to the Apple Store. They're jam packed with people and parents use it as a babysitting service while they go off and do other shopping in the mall.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
My first time was about two months ago myself. They made me feel like a celebrity. Made me so happy and comfortable I decided to get an unlocked 5s from them after having the 5c already. Now both my lines have iPhones and I still enjoy my experience when I go in there.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....

I've been in many Apple stores and have never sensed a snooty employee.

It's hit or miss here in NYC. Had a lovely (and cute) kid help me with my iPad Mini Retina the other day. Of course, he has to be nice, but I've had a snooty encounter or two at 5th Avenue too, but it's been more plusses than minuses.

Glad to hear the OP enjoyed the new Apple store in Turkey.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I love going to the apple store. Its so nice there and they have Macs I can play with. I always love playing with the Macs.

Cyborg21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013

I hate going to the Apple Store. They're jam packed with people and parents use it as a babysitting service while they go off and do other shopping in the mall.

Neither have I.

Apple stores are like the old circuit city, only snootier

All Geniuses were really good in my experience. And Apple Store experience (even though it's very crowded) was far superior to other tech store experiences. Tech Stores are not so good in my country, most employees do not know what they talking about. For example, when I asked somebody in a tech store do they have Retina MacBook Pro. Employee said Retina MacBook Pro does not exists :eek: After that tech stores, Apple Store felt like heaven

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest

i went to an apple store on a friday afternoon and it was actually pretty empty, it was weird. usually they are packed full.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
All Geniuses were really good in my experience. And Apple Store experience (even though it's very crowded) was far superior to other tech store experiences. Tech Stores are not so good in my country, most employees do not know what they talking about. For example, when I asked somebody in a tech store do they have Retina MacBook Pro. Employee said Retina MacBook Pro does not exists :eek: After that tech stores, Apple Store felt like heaven

same in the USA, most tech stores the people rarely know what they are selling except for the marketing bullet points

Old Muley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Titletown USA
I had my first real trip to an Apple store (Milwaukee) and Genius Bar about two weeks ago. The staff were very helpful and considerate; not "snooty" at all. What really struck me the most was how old most of the customers were. Aside from some young parents with toddlers, most of the patrons were in the 60 and over crowd. The impression I got was that many of them had just gotten iPads, and were trying to figure out how to set them up. Easily a 3 to 1 ratio of folks with iPads to those (like me) with macs.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

Neither have I.

Same for me. In the 8 Apple stores I have ever been to (Arden, Roseville, Sierra Summit, The Grove, Fashion Show Mall, Caesar's Palace, Town Square Las Vegas, and Village Square in Omaha), I have never come across or encountered a snooty/uppity employee. All of them have been pleasant at the least, and extremely friendly and helpful at the most. Good people and culture there.

BL.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Same for me. In the 8 Apple stores I have ever been to (Arden, Roseville, Sierra Summit, The Grove, Fashion Show Mall, Caesar's Palace, Town Square Las Vegas, and Village Square in Omaha), I have never come across or encountered a snooty/uppity employee. All of them have been pleasant at the least, and extremely friendly and helpful at the most. Good people and culture there.:p

Possibly interesting, decades ago I entered an authorized Apple dealer (before Apple Stores) in Minneapolis and the salesperson acted like he was doing me a favor... hence I did not go back unless I had no other options. About the same time frame, Circuit City briefly carried Macs. I took my Brother in there once to show him how a Mac worked and no one in the store knew how to take it off it's demo program, and additionally none of them had any interest in selling us Macs, this is why Apple hit a home run opening their own stores.

I'm always impressed with the service I get at the Genius Bar. I wonder if anyone has gone to the Geek Desk at Best Buy, if so, how would they compare it?

Smeehehe

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2014
Possibly interesting, decades ago I entered an authorized Apple dealer (before Apple Stores) in Minneapolis and the salesperson acted like he was doing me a favor... hence I did not go back unless I had no other options. About the same time frame, Circuit City briefly carried Macs. I took my Brother in there once to show him how a Mac worked and no one in the store knew how to take it off it's demo program, and additionally none of them had any interest in selling us Macs, this is why Apple hit a home run opening their own stores.

I'm always impressed with the service I get at the Genius Bar. I wonder if anyone has gone to the Geek Desk at Best Buy, if so, how would they compare it?

I've never been to either, but know it doesn't compare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.