Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Keyboard do you use?

• Stock Android Keyboard

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • Swype

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Swiftkey

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • Touchpal

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • OEM Keyboard

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
I can hardly use this stock Android keyboard. I mistype everything!

I'm trying both Swype and Swiftkey and I like both but obviously I'm only going to buy one.

Which keyboard do you Android users use, on which device?

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
I just use the android keyboard (typing this message with it) but mostly because it is good enough rather than because I love it. I remember liking Swiftkey too.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
The stock Google keyboard works extremely well for me. Personal dictionary, auto-correct works well, it has swipe built in and I can adjust the default sensor for how long a 'long-press' lasts for additional key functionality. I've tried all the rest, but keep going back to Google's keyboard.

khha4113

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2013
Stock Google keyboard. I had both Swiftkey and Swype long time ago, but I prefer Google's.

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
I use Google's keyboard. Autocorrect accuracy and overall responsiveness have greatly improved in the last couple years, squashing my urge to use any of the 3rd party offerings. I don't swipe, though, so it might be that I'm easy to please.

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Kii Keyboard. Looks and feels like stock android but with more features.

x2

I keep wanting to replace it with Google or Samsung's but I can never last a whole day without Kii. I love having the emojis on there.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I hate to say it, but I use the Samsung keyboard on my Note 3. I have Swiftkey, Android, Swype, and Fleksy all installed on my Note 3, but I always end up using the Samsung keyboard. It has gotten dramatically better than in previous versions.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Swype.

This works best for alternating between two languages. I have tried (paid versions) of all the other major keyboards but they couldn't handle this nearly as well.

I also love the very intuitive commands for Copy/Paste/highligh All which are built into this keyboard - just swipe from the Swype symbol (lower left) to C, V or A. This is incredibly handy and something I just can't live without now, it works much faster for me than relying on the usual Android symbols. You can also swipe from the symbol to backspace to hide the keyboard, also very handy.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
I hate to say it, but I use the Samsung keyboard on my Note 3. I have Swiftkey, Android, Swype, and Fleksy all installed on my Note 3, but I always end up using the Samsung keyboard. It has gotten dramatically better than in previous versions.

Why do you hate to say it?

Mechayoshi

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2014
The Mushroom Kingdom

Uh the stock note 3 keyboard is great. No need to be ashamed. I just hate the color scheme.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
I have Swype, and LOVED it when it was the only/first swipe-style keyboard on Android. Now the stock Google KB has that capability and it works well, though maybe not as well as Swype did. I may still go back, I still have trouble with the stock Android KB.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
SwiftKey

Version 4.0.1.xxxx before the cloud syncing.

I love it. Has a Tagalog language pack I need. Predictive system is awesome. Have the light theme and at largest font. I text very fast. Nomore needing to type the whole word. Even predicts numbers once I tap a parenthesis.

I tried Swype texting on my Samsung Galaxy Tab and never got into it. I tried Kii as well. I just like the predictive system and how it learns how you type much more with SwiftKey.

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
I use all of them but always keep coming back to SwiftKey.

I guess it's the directional arrows for me. I have huge hands and placing the cursor anywhere on the screen is painstakingly annoying. I wish Android had the magnifying glass like iOS. Really the only thing I enjoy when typing on the iPhone.

ukemochi

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2014
Used kii for a very long time it is a great keyboard but I recently changed to Flesky Keyboard and its amazing but there is a learning curve.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Swiftkey, but I don't use any of the "cool" special features in it. Just think it reacts very well with my typing.

closest thing to what I consider the best keyboard of them all *holds up flame shield* The Iphone keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.