Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
Hello everyone,

So I have some FLAC music files that I used XLD to convert to Apple Lossless files to be able to move into iTunes (and then eventually my iPhone). I have moved the files into iTunes and they play flawlessly but when I try to move them onto my iPhone 5S, no dice. No matter what I do they won't sync. I have completely deleted my 20GB library and tried to resync just those files, I've restarted my computer multiple times, I've tried "manage my own music" all to no avail. Is there a file limit of some sort that iTunes is blocking? The album is Random Access Memories and each song is roughly ~150MB each.

However, I have "The Beatles in Mono" which I followed the same conversion steps and those worked. I converted the CD's in XLD and then moved them onto my iPhone 5S with no problems and those file sizes are ~350MB a piece (because it's the whole CD on one file). Since The Beatles worked I tried deleting from iTunes and moving to trash, reconverting the files from FLAC, and then reimporting but STILL didn't work. Has anyone had this type of trouble importing FLAC-to-Apple Lossless music files onto their iPhone?

Thanks in advance for the help.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
Hello everyone,

So I have some FLAC music files that I used XLD to convert to Apple Lossless files to be able to move into iTunes (and then eventually my iPhone). I have moved the files into iTunes and they play flawlessly but when I try to move them onto my iPhone 5S, no dice. No matter what I do they won't sync. I have completely deleted my 20GB library and tried to resync just those files, I've restarted my computer multiple times, I've tried "manage my own music" all to no avail. Is there a file limit of some sort that iTunes is blocking? The album is Random Access Memories and each song is roughly ~150MB each.

However, I have "The Beatles in Mono" which I followed the same conversion steps and those worked. I converted the CD's in XLD and then moved them onto my iPhone 5S with no problems and those file sizes are ~350MB a piece (because it's the whole CD on one file). Since The Beatles worked I tried deleting from iTunes and moving to trash, reconverting the files from FLAC, and then reimporting but STILL didn't work. Has anyone had this type of trouble importing FLAC-to-Apple Lossless music files onto their iPhone?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Were you the same poster on the iPhone Reddit thread? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.