Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSC

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I use Mail and Outlook for Mac. The only reason I need to use Outlook is I can send articles to people and yellow highlight important portions of the text. I have not been able to find a plug-in or extension that will provide that functionality in Mail. There is a work around using styles, but that is very cumbersome.

Does anyone know of a plug-in, extension or other app that provides yellow highlighting in Mail? Thanks.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
First...formatted email doesn't necessarily look, to the recipient, like it did to you when you sent it. But you may know that already and aren't having that problem with your particular recipients.

The styles method is the only way I know of just using Mail. But are you using "copy/paste style" once you've highlighted some text in the email? That is, you can select the newly highlighted text, copy the style by pressing option-command-c, then select another section to be highlighted and press option-command-v. You could actually save a TextEdit document with some highlighted text, then copy the style and paste it onto your emails. That might be faster than navigating the Mail styles.

I don't know of one, but there might be a clipboard manager utility that can handle styles.

JSC

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Highlighting Text in Mail

Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to check that out.

I have found a way to highlight text using Firefox and a highlighter tool. You can highlight the page in Firefox and then copy and paste it into an email. It works and is very easy to use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.