Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SisterRay

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2006
UK
Hi,

I have a late 2012 13" MacBook Pro. What colour is the part of the adaptor where the three pinned plug slides in. Is it grey or white.

The reason I ask is that I also have an old 2006 White MacBook that I had to buy a replacement adaptor for. I bought the adaptor from Amazon, it claimed that it was a genuine apple part.

I now can't remember which one is the one I got with my 2012 MacBook.

At the point where the plug attaches one is white, the other is inset with grey plastic.

I am in the Uk

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

SisterRay

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2006
UK
I am giving away my old MacBook and I want to keep the original charger for my newer MacBook Pro

SisterRay

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2006
UK
Thanks for that. I forgot to ask if the UK three pinned plug attachment also has a grey insert or is it all white?

SisterRay

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2006
UK
Any UK MacBook Pro (non-retina) owners out there who can help? Does your 3-pinned plug attachment have a grey inset or is it all white?

SisterRay

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2006
UK
Here is a picture of the two plugs, if there is anyone from the uk could tell me which is the original from mid 2012 13" non-retina MacBook Pro. The one of the left much thinner.

image.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.