Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

renodude18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
Lebanon, TN
Hello everyone! I have a 2012 Macbook pro 15"
core i7 2.6GHZ
8GB Ram
DVD burner
OS X 10.9.2
Windows 7 Home premium 64bit (Just installed yesterday)
Nvidia Geforce 650M 1GB graphics

I've had this laptop for about 8 months after ditching my 2 year old Dell windows laptop. I've been using windows for several years prior to switching to a mac and I'm so far happy with it. I do wish however my sims 3 game would run a bit faster on the mac side rather then it running better on windows on the same machine. My question for everyone is How do you keep your mac running fast on the OS X side. I've noticed its getting a little sluggish when I boot back from windows and has a bit of lag when it loads Finder. I've also noticed its been getting pretty hot at the top left of the laptop near where the charger plugs in. The weird thing is that it gets so hot the fans don't kick on. They work when I'm playing the sims on windows but when I'm on the desktop on both the mac and windows side I don't hear them come on but feel the heat coming off the laptop.

Thanks for all the help or light you can shed on this as I'm still pretty new to mac. I've actually considered going up to an iMac just for a little more power for my gaming although I'm pretty happy with my macbook pro and its performance is for the most part pretty good until recently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.