Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:39 AM   #1
sir42
macrumors 6502

What I'd Really Like Apple To Release...

As the dust barely began to settle over this year’s keynote, I began to think about the one product that is still missing from my digital life. Above all of the other products on my Apple wish list, even above an Apple DVR (re-branded Mac Mini) or a plasma TV, is a combined Apple smart phone and iPod.

The smart phone and portable mp3 player are just screaming for better integration. They are the two biggest components of the mobile digital lifestyle and it's only a matter of time before someone puts them together in a meaningful way, and of course, I'm hoping that someone is Apple.

Their features are already beginning to overlap. Wouldn’t it be great to combine the best of both devices into one mobile unit that can play a song as well as it looks up a phone number and sends an e-mail?

Better yet, imagine a smart phone with mobile versions of Address Book, iCal, and Mail that sync perfectly with your Mac - distribution lists, color coded calendars, mail preferences and all!

I'm still using the iPod with Doc Connector and it still plays my music beautifully. There have been numerous improvements to the iPod, but I've yet to be tempted to upgrade – even as Apple has introduced the click wheel, color screens, and now, video. And unless the music stops playing on my iPod, a combined device might be the only reason I would upgrade.

Of course, Palm could very well beat Apple to the punch. If they ever figures out how to squeeze a few more songs into their line of Treo smart phones, I for one might be persuaded to leave my iPod at home for a while. Here’s hoping that doesn’t happen!

Features:
iPod - 20gig minimum
QWERTY keyboard
Mobile Max OSX (mobile versions of Address Book, iCal, Mail, Preview, iTunes, iChat, iPhoto, Pages, Keynote)
Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
Headphones w/built in mic
sir42 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:59 AM   #2
kretzy
macrumors 601

I'd really love to see an Apple flip-phone. It would have all of the latest features but in an iPodesque design. It would also have to be nice and thin. (what is it with chunky phones these days?)
kretzy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:36 AM   #3
Boelman
macrumors regular

That flip phone idea is awesome. i was reading something about how they wanted to try that idea out. That would be so cool if they came up with something like that.
Boelman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod