Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michdazxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2014
Can someone help me please, I updated from an iPhone 5 to a 5s for my daughter. I have decided to use the iPhone 5 for myself, I reset the phone and set up an Apple ID but after doing this my daughter couldn't sign into to her apple account so she contacted apple who told her how to sort it and now hers is fine but I can't sign into my apple account now grr! I don't want to reset the phone again just incase it starts the whole thing all over again, can anyone tell me how I can get an Apple ID for myself without it effecting my daughters phone plllzzzz xx

dodge321

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2013
I think that you have to make sure the phone your using has been signed out off first it would probably be easier to reset and erase all data and make sure that the "find my iPhone" has been signed out of by your daughter first then set up as new iPhone and use your Apple ID when the phone first asks for it, it doesn't take to long and that's what I'd do then you'll know it's only got your Apple ID linked to your iPhone 5. Hope this helps

Michdazxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2014
I'll try that dodge ty

----------

My daughters iCloud account only has her phone on it. But when I reset my phone it still asks me for my Apple ID, doesn't help that I don't have a clue about iPhones lol

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Something to consider.

One family iTunes account, used only for purchases, apps, rentals.
Personal iCloud account(s) for iMessage, iCloud, email, etc...

dodge321

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2013
It's still possible that her Apple ID is still attached to her old iPhone, the one you are going to use that's why I suggest doing a full reset on the phone your going to use and if it still has her Apple ID attached anywhere in the phone it would ask you to sign out first before you can do a full reset and even if not you'll know yours will be the only Apple ID attached when setting up as a new iPhone, it might even be worth your while doing the same on her iPhone even if she has paid apps after a full reset they can still be re downloaded again without paying once there bought there yours and if it's only a new phone then there's a good chance you both haven't put to many apps on and they would be up and running in no time, if all else fails book a Genius Bar appointment at your local apple store take both iPhones in and let them sort it out for you I've use the Genius Bar many times and they are very good at resolving issues good luck and I hope I could help.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'll try that dodge ty

----------

My daughters iCloud account only has her phone on it. But when I reset my phone it still asks me for my Apple ID, doesn't help that I don't have a clue about iPhones lol
If it's asking for your Apple ID what happens when you put in your information for it? You can try going to manage your Apple ID at https://appleid.apple.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.