Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

javiside

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2014
Hi every one (sorry for my bad English) well i finally bypassed the activation screen with the emergency call method (like the ios 7.0.6 or the 7.1 betas) but this is the final version (with the green circle phone dial)
ok, i was able to bypassing this screen to the contacts, first it shows the downside bar with 4 little icons, keyboard, etc. then in the second try, it shows the blue screen with all the icons enabled, after that i follow the others steps, add new contact, then select new photo and then i press the block contact like in the past tutorials, (3 clicks with voice over) but when i pressed 3 times block contact instead of show the applications and bypass the screen it returned to the emergency call screen.. i guess apple patch that :S i was so close!! but i finally pass the emergency call maybe if we try this somebody will find other way to complete bypass...

So, this is what i did, first i downloaded (obviously) the ios iPhone6,1_7.1_11D167_Restore.ipsw then i downloaded the iPhone6,1_7.0.4_11B554a_Restore2.ipsw and the iPhone3,1_7.0.4_11B554a_Restore.ipsw then i renamed the 3 files to zip (you know to see the files) and then i opened the 7.1 final and delete the 058-4122-002.dmg (i copied the name) and then i opened the other file iphone3,1 (i think this is for the iphone 4 or 4s) and i extracted the 058-1056-002.dmg and renamed this file to 058-4122-002.dmg and then add it to the 7.1 final zip then i renamed this to ipsw agan and then restored the phone, ... i don't know what is this file or what changes in the iphone's IOS.

I know some old ipsw and dmgs can be decrypt maybe you know what is this or what is inside, (i tried to change the others 2 files but itunes showed errors) i just change the other file because i was able to and with no errors,(maybe we can edit this file or add something).

After restored the phone, i downloaded and installed ifunbox 2014 and i use this program to filled out completely the iphones memory (like 13 gb) i copied 13gb of files or movies etc to the iphone and when there was lije 300kb free in the iphone i started to make print screens with the home and power buttons, I had the feeling that if the iphone ran out of memory some bug will appear. well that all, i changed the 058-4122-002.dmg file with a lot of others ios (like 7.0.4, 7.0.6, 7.0.1, 7.1 betas but i dont remember witch one allowed me to enable the buttons but i think it was the 7.0.4 or the one inside of iPhone3,1_7.0.4_11B554a_Restore.ipsw.

I hope this help you and spread the word and try it i hope this help us to bypass the activation screen, at least is a step outside of the activation screen. Thanks =)

Last edited:

javiside

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2014

ciclajbek

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2014
Hi. Friend of mine also bought an locked iphone 5 ios 7.1, and guess what, seller isn't answering so she asked me for help.

I have made a restore with ios firmware found on redsnow web. Then tried that 7.0.x method with emergency call but nothing, recent call screen doesn't appear.

Then I tried simply to "overheat" its processor with calling 112 and simply clicking call again and cancel all over again until i got recent call screen. But the method with blocking caller with voice over on doesn't work too. It brings me back to keypad but blocked, it doesn't accept any button except power button for turning off.....

So, anybody has an idea?

javiside

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2014
Hi. Friend of mine also bought an locked iphone 5 ios 7.1, and guess what, seller isn't answering so she asked me for help.

I have made a restore with ios firmware found on redsnow web. Then tried that 7.0.x method with emergency call but nothing, recent call screen doesn't appear.

Then I tried simply to "overheat" its processor with calling 112 and simply clicking call again and cancel all over again until i got recent call screen. But the method with blocking caller with voice over on doesn't work too. It brings me back to keypad but blocked, it doesn't accept any button except power button for turning off.....

So, anybody has an idea?

do you have ios 7.1? you have to wait until 112 answer you or when it rings .. sorry for my english, and remember that i modified the file inside of the ipsw, i dont know if that change something try changing the dmg file like my tutorial. maybe that change something in the iphone.

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010

So, anybody has an idea?

Its a lost or stolen phone
Hand it in to the police.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California

So, anybody has an idea?

Your account has one post and was made yesterday. I'd wager it's stolen. But I'm guessing ya knew that.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Ehhh if you have to restore the phone to a "modified" ipsw then you aren't really bypassing anything since the lock wouldn't let you reinstall the OS.

ciclajbek

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2014
Its a lost or stolen phone
Hand it in to the police.

I assumed that, but it is not blacklisted as stolen or lost by checking the IMEI and ESN.

It is bought in UK, and I am in Croatia...

So, that phone will not see his real owner, thats for sure ;)

javside, you are on the same step as I am... modded ipsw didn't allow you to do that, only buggy iOS...

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
I assumed that, but it is not blacklisted as stolen or lost by checking the IMEI and ESN.

It is bought in UK, and I am in Croatia...

So, that phone will not see his real owner, thats for sure ;)

javside, you are on the same step as I am... modded ipsw didn't allow you to do that, only buggy iOS...

That doesn't make a stolen phone excusable. But clearly you made up your mind so no more pissing in the wind for me.

night of shade

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2014
I found a bug on ios 7.1?

First, sorry for my bad english. I was looking for a way to bypass the activation screen on my iPhone 5s with ios 7.1 when I decided to make the emergency call without the sim card. But I only could acces to the contacts. http://youtu.be/NiWe7LLvjTE

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Great video. I like them with no sound and super short- right to the point.

Two quick thoughts:

First, It is impressive how you were able to manipulate your iPhone using only one hand (whilst holding your camera with the other).

Second: Is that a hospital wrist band you are wearing? If so, Godspeed toward a rapid and hearty recovery.

night of shade

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2014

Two quick thoughts:

First, It is impressive how you were able to manipulate your iPhone using only one hand (whilst holding your camera with the other).

Second: Is that a hospital wrist band you are wearing? If so, Godspeed toward a rapid and hearty recovery.

braddick it's not a hospital wrist band, I use it because they are antistatic and I repair things.

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010

Two quick thoughts:

Two quick thoughts

It's not your phone otherwise you wouldn't need to bypass activation

Don't buy dodgy iPhones in future.

night of shade

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2014
someone has tried to continue the activation bypass? I think that I've finally bypassed, but the apple patch blocked the home screen. ._.?

Brambella

Suspended
May 9, 2014
Hi All,

I have a problem in my company.

A lot of employee are going out of company and some of Them give back the company iphone with Apple ID configured.
We try to reach them, but obviously They provide a lot of excuse (I don't remember password, is not my account, I don't want to give You my password, etc etc), and We have some (4) iphone 5 locked by activation lock.

Unfortunately, who collect the phone already try to restore them in DFU mode, so now they are completely wipe, except for Apple ID and we can't try solution proposed in video.

We also ask to Apple store, providing receipt from phone service provider (TIM and Vodafone), but They told that there's no way to wipe phone to configure as new one.

But... I know that there's someone in Apple who know how to bypass activation lock, He told me that He already do it on some ipad, but He ask me money and obviously company never give money to this guy ....

So, do You know what I can do to fix this phone? Otherwise I'll give them back to HR and They will have a nice papaerweight :)

Thanks

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Hi All,

I have a problem in my company.

A lot of employee are going out of company and some of Them give back the company iphone with Apple ID configured.
We try to reach them, but obviously They provide a lot of excuse (I don't remember password, is not my account, I don't want to give You my password, etc etc), and We have some (4) iphone 5 locked by activation lock.

Unfortunately, who collect the phone already try to restore them in DFU mode, so now they are completely wipe, except for Apple ID and we can't try solution proposed in video.

We also ask to Apple store, providing receipt from phone service provider (TIM and Vodafone), but They told that there's no way to wipe phone to configure as new one.

But... I know that there's someone in Apple who know how to bypass activation lock, He told me that He already do it on some ipad, but He ask me money and obviously company never give money to this guy ....

So, do You know what I can do to fix this phone? Otherwise I'll give them back to HR and They will have a nice papaerweight :)

Thanks

There isn't a way. Either pursue the employee further to get the password (I'm sure if you threaten to take them to court they'll soon unlock if for you).

Other than that - take it as a lesson learned. When they hand the phone back, have them remove the account on the spot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.