Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Troy88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
India
phone4 keeps rebooting. I get the apple logo and then the loading circle before shutting down and this is repeated until the battery is drained. While trying the iOS7 update the phone went in recovery mode. Tinyumbrella helped in exiting out of the recovery mode but now stuck at the apple logo. Pls help me fix the issue.

Last edited:

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
phone4 keeps rebooting. I get the apple logo and then the loading circle before shutting down and this is repeated until the battery is drained. While trying the iOS7 update the phone went in recovery mode. Tinyumbrella helped in exiting out of the recovery mode but now stuck at the apple logo. Pls help me fix the issue.

Sounds like a hardware issue to me.

Troy88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
India
I don't really think it's a battery issue. Everything was working fine until i tried the OTA update of iOS7 when the phone went in a recovery mode. When connected to itunes it was trying to download a 1.13GB software for around 5 hours and this was never complete. So used Tinyumbrella to exit recovery mode. I was happy to see the "itunes-USB cable" logo on the phone swithcing to the apple boot logo. Thought it would get me back to the home screen but alas ...apple logo changed to the loading circle and then this rebooting cycle keeps repeating. Connecting to itunes prompts to enter the passcode

Note:

1. No active apple id ...the previous apple id is being used on a different device.
2. Do not have a backup and the phone was not synced to itunes.

Please advice is there are ways to recover my iphone.
Thanks

Daluvgurushine

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2014
Jammu
Dont worry just put your iPhone into DFU mode and connect it your computer.
1. Open itunes and it will say that your iPhone is connected to recovery mode. 2.Then click on OK
3. If u have the latest ipsw firmware then with holding shift key click on restore iPhone button.
4. Choose the ipsw' if you have not downloaded then download it.
5. When the restore will be done then your phone will be fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.