Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jerz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2013
Boston, MA
Screen flicker with Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock

I use the thunderbolt express dock with my late 2013 macbook pro retina. I run the express dock with one thunderbolt cable and then run my BenQ display out of the thunderbolt express dock with a thunderbolt to dvi connector. The screen flickers every few minutes for half a second and it looks like when the TV is on with no channel signal.

Anyone experiencing this?

Josh R

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2014
I'm having the same issue with a Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock when I connect a 27" HP HEZR2740W monitor via mini displayport. The display will flicker every few seconds when plugged in through the dock. When the display is plugged directly into my Macbook Air (Mid 2012, 13") the display works fine.

I haven't figured out a fix for this other then returning the Belkin dock...I'll update here if I come across a fix.

swwack91

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2007
New Jersey
Has anyone found a fix for this? I know the current workaround is connecting the display directly to the Mac, but it would be pretty awesome to get this working more stably via the Belkin dock.

I'm going to write to Belkin's support... :(

Jerz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2013
Boston, MA
well, there's the thunderbolt express dock 2.

Mine gets here tomorrow, testing it out.

swwack91

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2007
New Jersey
well, there's the thunderbolt express dock 2.

Mine gets here tomorrow, testing it out.

Curious to hear how the Express Dock 2 performs, but the main reasons I got the Express 1 dock was for the FireWire 800 and Audio In ports... both of which are suspiciously missing from the Express 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.