Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrjosh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Which, if any, do you use, and why?

Pros I see:
Loom - very simple to upload and use
Picturelife - editing capabilities
ThisLife - ease of sharing albums with others

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Dunno. All new, one in beta. Given the intense competition for your photos, who knows who'll be left standing in one year?

Meanwhile, Dropbox has developed Carousel, and although it hasn't drastically cut costs in response to Google it's useful for a lot of stuff besides photos.

And there's Google and Picasaweb; tried and true. And good for other kinds of files as well.

And if you want to show photos, Flickr is still a decent deal. And Shutterfly, Behance, etc etc etc.

It all depends on your needs. Some work with lots of apps and have Lightroom and/or Aperture compatibility. Some don't do RAW.

About all anyone can say in response to such a vague question is "probably better than iCloud" ;)

kingalexthe1st

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2013
I picked Loom as it's easy to use and sync. However, what they don't tell you is that you have a 25 Mb maximum file size upload limit, pretty much negating all my RAW files. Won't be renewing my subscription at the end of the year due to this.

Not sure about the others, I can only tell you what I have experience of!

Alex

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Well, you can forget about Loom. They've been bought by Dropbox.

https://blog.loom.com/loom-is-joining-dropbox-2/

We have some exciting news that we wanted to share with you. Loom is now officially part of Dropbox, and we couldn’t be happier to join forces!

We’ve been working hard to create a photo management solution for people just like us. People who have too many photos in too many places, taking up space, collecting dust on our phones, our computers and our external hard drives. It’s a big problem and a common one that many have been grinding hard to solve!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.