Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cypher86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2013
Hi Folks!

I own an iPhone 5s (Silver/White) with T-Mobile and i am about to file an insurance claim as i dropped mine in water for the 4th time since owning it. Insurance is through T-Mobile.

I was wondering if they are able to give me a different color for the replacement?

Any Feedback would be great!

Thanks!

Cyph

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hi Folks!

I own an iPhone 5s (Silver/White) with T-Mobile and i am about to file an insurance claim as i dropped mine in water for the 4th time since owning it. Insurance is through T-Mobile.

I was wondering if they are able to give me a different color for the replacement?

Thanks!

Cyph
Holy cow, get a Lifeproof or give up on personal electronics.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
If they are anything like apple, they will NOT allow you to change colors. You can only get a replacement for the exact same storage capacity and color.

I cannot speak about tmobile though, so your best bet is to ask. The reason for this is to avoid "intentional" damage. A few bad seeds ruin it for everyone. There are tons of people who would drop their phone b.c they want a new color.

regkilla

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2013
California
Hi Folks!

Thanks!

Cyph

Taking iPhone out for a swim?

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
You'll need to do a claim either way. Tmobile, like other carriers use a 3rd party for insurance like asurion. Deductible is probably about 200 on a 5s. They overnight u the same phone, either new or refurbished. Jump includes insurance but you'll need to do a claim to get a working phone if you're trying to trade in. They won't let u just upgrade knowing your old phone is waterdamaged.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
Hi Folks!

Thanks!

Cyph
wat-meme_o_1405583.jpg

keitarou

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2012
yes...it's my first claim.

----------

lol...too many drunken nights + piss break = insurance claim

----------

oh i actually do have JUMP...so i can just upgrade to like a 32gb one or something?

Yes, you can just upgrade if you passed 6 months since adding the program. But they will take the deductible for the insurance first and then you can get 32GB different color one.

1. Go to T-Mobile with your damaged phone and claim insurance and pay deductible.
2. At that same time, you can trade-in that new insurance phone and upgrade it to the 32GB phone.

That is how I understand JUMP and that is what I was told. Go to the corporate store and talk to the reps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.