Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kieran9810

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
I want to do a clean install of my iPhone to hopefully improve my battery because it's draining quite fast ( it lost 20% on standby for 3 hours) but I want to set it up as a new phone for a few days just to see how it is, and then would like to put my pictures, music, contacts and notes on it. I want to know is there any way I can put them on, but only them? Also would this bring back 'problems' that I'm having now because it's like restoring them?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Clean install?

What I did was restore as new and under settings > iCloud had contacts and calendar turned on. After I set it up with my Apple ID. So I had everything factory fresh except my contacts and calendar. Those things won't cause problems with iOS anyway.

There is probably a way to do pictures too but then you maybe restoring something that you didn't want. Not really sure tbh.

What I did was saved them to my Mac and also uploaded them to Dropbox. So they were safe and with Dropbox you have access to them anywhere (assuming you have data). Although I hated to do it I've found I didn't need the pictures on my phone like I thought I would. But in a pinch I could just open Dropbox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.