Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcsancz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2014
I saved a document to my iCloud and I tried to open it again, but it doesn't show up on iCloud or on the computer I originally created the doc on. When I go to recent items from the toolbar (under this thing :apple:), it's there. When I click on it, however, nothing happens. It's not anywhere on the computer, it's not on my iCloud. Does anyone know how I can get this document back? Thanks for your help!

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Files are located on your Mac in the Library/Mobile Documents/Pages/Documents. If not there now you could easily use Time Machine to go back to and retrieve them (I have done this with no problems).

marcsancz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2014
I tried the Time Machine and it didn't work for me. It only shows up in my recent documents from the menu. Also, I'm not sure the "Mobile Documents" folder exists in my computer, for some reason. I tried searching it, but nothing turned up. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks!

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I tried the Time Machine and it didn't work for me. It only shows up in my recent documents from the menu. Also, I'm not sure the "Mobile Documents" folder exists in my computer, for some reason. I tried searching it, but nothing turned up. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks!

It won't be in the menu. You must retrieve them from the Library/Mobile Documents/Pages/Documents folder. It is hidden so (one way) in Finder hold down the option/alt key and click on Go in the Menu Bar and scroll down to Library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.