Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kieran9810

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
I tried to do a clean insteall of iOS 7.1 on my ipad mini, but its now stuck in recovery mode and its not showing up on iTunes. I've tried un-installing and installing iTunes but this hasn't changed anything. I've tried using the cable ( plugging the usb into computer, pressing home button on ipad and then plugging lighting connector in) and non of this works.

Has anybody got any advice? all my ipad is showing is the itunes logo and a usb cable.

Many Thanks

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Google "iPad DFU." That should get you instructions to place iPad in DFU mode. Follow instructions, and once iTunes tells you it found an iPad in "recovery" mode, try restoring.

Note, when you are in DFU mode, the screen is blank, while recovery mode has a "connect to iTunes" picture on the screen. iTunes says the iPad is in recovery. mode in both cases, but if you are stuck like you say, you need to get your iPad into DFU, not recovery mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.