Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Noveed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Hi everyone,

I'm having this really weird problem with my sound card.
After breaking my headphone jack inside the audio input, I removed it with a needle but may have caused some damage along the way to the port, so I purchased a cheap sound card off eBay so I can plug some external speakers and enjoy my music.

The problem I am having is that my sound card randomly switches off when playing songs for about 15 mins on iTunes (sometimes it works perfectly fine the whole time i'm on my macbook) but I noticed that when I open Logic X or Garageband and play about with some instruments, I get a crackling sound which is really irritating, When I close the program down, the crackling sound still stays when I switch back to iTunes and play my music.

When booting up in windows via bootcamp. the sound card works flawless without a single hiccup and is clear with no crackling.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this on OSX as I hate using Windows?

PS I am running LION OSX with 4GB ram and the sound card did not come with any drivers, its just simple plug and play

Thanks in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.