Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnya

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
I've dropped it a few times and changed battery a few times, so maybe things got loose inside?

First it went white one day I turned it on, but it was still recognizing being charged as it made the beep sound when I plugged it to USB.
iTunes recognizes it, too, but it says I can't sync because the iPhone is pass code locked.
I opened the phone and checked all the connectors, especially #1, but they seem to be attached. I tried taking out the battery, too.
After running out of battery and the iPhone restarted, the screen was black while on, so I pressed the area where the #1 cable sits, and then it went white again.

By the way the power button doesn't work and I haven't changed the flex cable - does it have anything to do with the white screen?
Home button was working before the screen went white, but now I can't use it to wake iphone from sleep (into the white screen). Weird...

What methods can I try to hopefully fix this? Have to change LCD?
Even if I can't fix it, if I can just get my notepad data out of the iPhone, it'd still be great... Is there a way? I wish I hadn't put in a pass code...

Thank you for your advice!!!

Last edited:

mnya

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Also wondering if turning off the iPhone and then turning back on is the same as resetting by pressing home and power buttons?
I read in different sources the first step would be to do the reset, but as I mentioned, my power button doesn't work, so I just let the battery run out till turning itself off and turned on by plugging USB cable... Is that still considered 'reset'?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.