Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrclrnz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2014
hello guys i'm looking for some technical specifications of the macbook pro and macbook air' webcam, i'm doing a college research and i need this for my project.
Anyone who do have any idea of these specification or where i can find them?
I'm getting crazy looking for, please help!!

i need to know:
focal length
Field of view in both directions
resolution in mega pixels
F/#
and some information about the entrance pupil position in relation to the screen glass.
About Isight, and Facetime HD. from 2009 till now.

thanks everybody in advance!

Qaanol

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I kind of feel like an important part of a college research project is, you know, doing research. So I’d recommend that you look on iFixit or other repair/teardown sites, since they’ll probably have part numbers for the webcams. They probably also have a complete list of Mac models, but you can also find that on Wikipedia among other places.

Good luck on your project, and when you do compile a comprehensive list, feel free to post it here. I’m sure a number of people would be interested to see the progression over time.

mrclrnz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2014
I kind of feel like an important part of a college research project is, you know, doing research. So I’d recommend that you look on iFixit or other repair/teardown sites, since they’ll probably have part numbers for the webcams. They probably also have a complete list of Mac models, but you can also find that on Wikipedia among other places.

Good luck on your project, and when you do compile a comprehensive list, feel free to post it here. I’m sure a number of people would be interested to see the progression over time.

thanks Qaanol,
yes it is important for me! i've been looking for so long and i've alredy checked iFixit, they have everything but the specifications of the webcam i need :mad:, I have no idea where too find these info, looks like apple doesn't want them to be public!

I'm wondering now if anyone has these info due to some research already made since by the official way seems impossible to get them.
May it exist a way to get these info using some software on my mac?!?

Of course when'll i'll find out something more i'll keep this updated, if anyone in the meanwhile wants to contribute would be great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.