Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Guys.

This is something really close to my heart at the moment.

After the initial 'major' sync from the computer, the way spotify handles minor changes to your library is just so much more intuitive, in my opinion. Add a song to your playlist? Its on your iPad already. Add a whole playlist on your Macbook? it's there on your iPhone. I could never imagine in my wildest dreams syncing like this, and keeping all your files syncronised, its just so easy.

When it comes to iTunes, it is years behind, still requiring physical or wi-fi connection to sync with your itunes, and even then, one must go through itunes to select which artists/playlists to sync. It feels cumbersome and outdated.
Sure there is iTunes Match, but that is more your 'online library' which doesnt update with playlists etc, so for daily use, it is quite useless, unless you feel like listening to an artist you havent listened to for a year or so.

My question, which of the 2 apps do you prefer for your music syncing needs?

*This particular thread only focuses on the syncing capabilities of each app, not the overall design/practicality of the app.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
iTunes Match syncs playlists for me so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Lately, however, it's been ridiculously slow to update the server even when just one new track is added.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
The fact that Spotify tries to match music from your local library with Spotify makes it a nightmare for me. It would constantly match only half an album, then change the tags for that album with it's tags and I'd end up with 2 albums.

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
The fact that Spotify tries to match music from your local library with Spotify makes it a nightmare for me. It would constantly match only half an album, then change the tags for that album with it's tags and I'd end up with 2 albums.

you can turn off local files in the preferences unless im mistaken?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.