Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jousley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2014
Hello all. I would really appreciate your knowledge and support. My wife of 10 years is going on vacation with her family to Mexico - to various parts..all over. I'm a SoCal guy and thought I'd be cool with it. But now that she is leaving in 2 days, i'm feeling concerned, and just want some extra reassurance as to where she is when she's over there. She's going with her family, so I know that she'll be ok, but just want to know that she is safe, and where she is throughout her trip. What app can I use to let me know her where-abouts in mexico? GPS - i was thinking - but there are so many that come up in google. What is reliable and easy to use. We bought the International minutes so we can talk, and she is down for an app so that we can log her progress, but "just in case". y'know?
What app would be useful and reliable?

Thanks in advance.
J

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Do you also have an iOS device? If so, you can use Find My Friends. Set it up and enable it on her phone/device and then add her as a friend in your version of the app on your phone/device and you should be able to find her phone when you want to (unless the phone doesn't have a signal, or the app gets uninstalled, or perhaps the location sharing gets turned off or the phone gets turned off, etc.).

There's also Find My iPhone too that can be used from the browser as well using iCloud.com, but that would require not just enabling it on her phone but also logging in with the same Apple ID to iCloud to track it--if you share an Apple ID or she tells you her information so that you can login, then you can do it that way too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.