Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ra4oasis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
I've had two problems recently, one I have found a "fix" for, one I have not. I put fix in quotes because I don't know if my fix is permanent yet or not.

Problem 1- Files say they can't be saved because of a permission issue. This has been going on for maybe a week or so, and can be fixed, at least in the short term, but going to my user library, Mobile Documents, com~apple~Pages, Documents, and going to the Get Info screen of the affected file. I then see "Everyone" listed twice, one with read access, once with custom. I just change custom to read, and all is well. It has happened to probably 4 or 5 of my files, and this has worked every time, and so far, has been a permanent fix.

Problem 2- When I open Pages, and look at my documents in iCloud, I see this:
Screen%20Shot%202014-04-14%20at%208.26.15%20PM.png
As you can see, two of my documents show up as a normal file, AND as a folder, multiple times. I can delete the "folder" versions of my files, and then everything is normal again, I just don't know why it is happening in the first place.

Any ideas as to what might be causing theses issues? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.