Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coleblk

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
Hmm...well the camera is far better on the 4S so it really just depends on your usage. If you take a lot of pictures, the 4S would better suit your needs but for everything else, I prefer the iPt5's design and larger screen.

SHirsch999

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
I'd go with the 4S. The iPod touch 5 has the larger screen, but that's it's only advantage over the 4S. The 4S has a GPS, can be a spare phone if you need one, and can be used on most currently available accessories courtesy of the 30 pin connector.

theapplefanboyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
Oh and it will be tethered to my blackberry sometimes as I have quite a few apps which require the use of internet. Also I'd like the iphone because all my calls (if I don't pick up) goes to the iPhone's Skype number and it would be better to answer a call on the phone instead of the iPod. But, the iPod has a vastly superior screen to the iPhone and I already have a dock (£80! Or $120) so I'm not sure quite yet. Any help?

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
It's a no brained. iPhone 4s. I had an unactivated iPhone 4 for a year instead of an iPod touch. It's so much better than an iPod because you have:
1. GPS
2. Earpiece for using FaceTime audio
3. Additional microphone for voice cancellation
4. If you do decide to get a sim, it's easy to pop it in and go.
5. 8megapixel camera versus 5 megapixel camera in iPod. (Yes I know megapixels aren't everything)
6. Mute switch. So much easier than turning volume down all the way.
7. Vibration motor. It's nice to know when you get a notification by feeling a vibration if you have the phone on silent. If you turn the volume all the way down on the iPod, you won't know if you get a notification.

theapplefanboyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
It seems like I'm leaning towards the 4S, but I will definitely miss the bigger screen and better front camera. Also the more storage (32gb vs. 16gb) do you know any good music streaming apps apart from iTunes Radio, which I cannot get in the UK.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
I have many many iphone 4's that I use, some I leave on for weeks and others I just turn off and leave them. I'd rather use an iPod touch 5. I had one and I liked it. The 4s is just so ......boring. Maybe thats because im spoiled with an iphone 5s...IDK

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
It seems like I'm leaning towards the 4S, but I will definitely miss the bigger screen and better front camera. Also the more storage (32gb vs. 16gb) do you know any good music streaming apps apart from iTunes Radio, which I cannot get in the UK.

You could always get the 32 or 64 GB 4S...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.