Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Post-Twee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2014
Hi everyone, just a quick question: I know Apple has a reuse and recycle program that allows you to turn in your old iPhone for credit towards a new one, but do they accept models as recent as the 5C? I've really been wanting to switch for a 5S and trading in my 5C to get some credit towards it would be pretty great.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
Hi everyone, just a quick question: I know Apple has a reuse and recycle program that allows you to turn in your old iPhone for credit towards a new one, but do they accept models as recent as the 5C? I've really been wanting to switch for a 5S and trading in my 5C to get some credit towards it would be pretty great.

You will never regret the swap, great move!

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX

You would probably have better luck selling it on Swappa and using the cash towards an iPhone 5s.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Just for fun, I went to the above website and gave them all the information regarding a mint original iPhone. After the series of questions and drop down boxes they determined my iPhone had ZERO value.

(The iPhone5, mint/AT&T was worth $225.)

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
As others stated you are better off selling it on either craigslist or swappa. If you are weary of those you can use gazelle or even your carrier would give you more money towards the phone than apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.