Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sofila

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
Ramtop Mountains
Hallo, I'd like some advice:
My iPod works flawlessly, I only use it as a music player and battery is still working great (240/260 songs played between charges)
This model is still in the battery replacement program (75€) but I know it won't be for long.
Should I consider the idea of replacing the battery and have a refurbished one that is supposed to last 2/3 years again, or is it better to keep mine and wait until it dies and then replace it with a new one (remember it's only a music player for me so I don't care about apps, camera, games....)
A brand new 64 gb iPod would cost me 5/6 battery replacements!
Any idea is welcome, I'm stuck and don't know what to do

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
Hallo, I'd like some advice:
My iPod works flawlessly, I only use it as a music player and battery is still working great (240/260 songs played between charges)
This model is still in the battery replacement program (75€) but I know it won't be for long.
Should I consider the idea of replacing the battery and have a refurbished one that is supposed to last 2/3 years again, or is it better to keep mine and wait until it dies and then replace it with a new one (remember it's only a music player for me so I don't care about apps, camera, games....)
A brand new 64 gb iPod would cost me 5/6 battery replacements!
Any idea is welcome, I'm stuck and don't know what to do

From what u say, the battery is great...I would keep it and maybe in a year or two if it dies you could buy a refurbished previous gen iPod touch from the apple store(although that is expensive still) or get an iPod nano, I know it is only 16GB for the new Nano but it costs only $149 (that is the cost of 2 iPod touch battery replacements in the United States where I'm from) and if you only listen to music then you could be fine without apps from the iPod touch. And the iPod nano is easy to navigate (specifically the newest iPod nano that has a touch screen and looks like a mini iPod touch) and has an iOS like operating system just like your iPod touch...plus it has radio which you may like too. Also since it seems you may not mind Apple refurbished products, the iPod nano 7th generation refurbished on Apple's website is only $99.

Just a thought though. I would keep your iPod and wait though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.