Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lucagfc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Hi

Yesterday, after a disk repair attempt via Mavericks Recovery Partition, my internal SSD was corrupted and my Mac didn' t find the OS anymore. I' ve a Time Machine backup and I tried to recover the entire disk from that disk but this process fails for some reason.

I' ve decided to make a clean install of Mavericks and I' ve tried to use Migration Assistant to recover my settings and user but for some reason, after a couple of seconds, migration assistant crashes without any error displayed.

I tried to access the Time Machine drive manually and the files are there and I can' access it but when I try to copy that file to my new Mavericks installation in the internal drive after a couple of hours I receive some error on some files that stops the copy process and I can' t go ahed with it.

To solve that problem I' ve tried to use rsync (arRsync GUI form Mac) but at the end of the process of coping my "Users" fold it only transferred 100 kb!

Can anyone can suggest me a way to copy all my files from my Time Machine backup, manually that goes ahead when finds some errors or corrupted files? Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.