Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lilium7904

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2014
Hi everyone!

I have a macbook pro retina and the web site youtube doesn't load. In fact, it tries to load and after a certain time it stops and stay still to the same page. There's no error code, nothing. This is not a browser problem because it's the same with Firefox, chrome and Safari.
I updated Adobe Flash and java and it still do the same.

What strange is that when I switch to the Window part of the computer, it works just fine. So it really is a Mac problem.

What else could I do?

Dailymotion seems to work and vimeo too.

Thanks a lot :-D

ObeseSquirrel

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
I had this problem for awhile. Do you still have Flash Player 12? The new version is 13.0.0.201. For some reason, updating from the System Preferences doesn't work.

Installing Flash Player 13 solved the problem for me.

Lilium7904

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2014
Yesterday I tried to desinstall Adobe flash player 13 and install the 12. It worked but I coudn't see the comments section nor the thumbnails of each video (with the 13, youtube didn't load at all).

Now I'm still with 12 and by enable HTML5 with safari it works :)
But now I have the same exact problem than yesterday on firefox and chrome. The web site doesn't load.
And since I'm always using firefox I would really like it if it could work on it.

I'll tried to reinstall Adobe Flash 13 now.

Edit : No, with the reinstallation I still have the exact same problem. And now even Safari doesn't work.
2nd Edit : I've reinstall the 12, and now even with html5, nothing would work.

Last edited:

Lilium7904

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2014
Now even on Windows with firefox youtube doesn't load entirely. It misses de comments and the thumbnails.
And now I have problems with googles images (who load only the fourth first row of images).

Youtube only works (perfectly) on IE on Windows.
I don't understand a thing. :confused:

Edit : Ah no, Firefox on Window doesn't load at all today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.