Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KAB2010

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Louisiana
On the first screen it has me fill out the device type, condition, description, etc. I fill that out and move to the next screen giving me the quote, and options to find an even better price. I fill out that information and continue to step 3 "the last one!" as the site says, and then it just takes me back to their home page as if I never entered anything at all.

Please help guys, I seriously need to sell this phone and get whatever money I can from it.

It allows me to proceed to step 3 when I go with that site's quote, but when I enter the quote from Nextworth which gets me an even higher sell and attempt to proceed, that's when it knocks me back to the homepage. Is this site a scam? Why is it pretending to accept another site's quote and add 20% if it won't let me proceed?

KAB2010

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Louisiana
Use swappa and just sell it for more.

It's in a condition that would be risky to sell because a buyer may get it and attempt to send it back to me. Condition described as follows:

All buttons work flawlessly. The camera, audio, headphone jack also work flawlessly. Only issue is the screen: the right side is not flush with the phone, but any case alleviates the issue completely. Also, at the bottom of the screen are some smudge marks inside the screen. They are only a cosmetic imperfection as the screen still operates as it should and there are zero cracks on the glass/entire phone and minimal to no scuffing on the screen.

Would someone even buy this? People buy phones with the screen completely shattered and non-functioning for hefty prices. This one still being completely functional should get a decent amount right?

KAB2010

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Louisiana
Put it on Craig's List. People buy broken iPhones all the time for spare parts.

It's not broken though. It's still 100% fully functional. And in my experience, CL has NOTHING but scammers in this area. Even being extremely careful, you can still get robbed around here. Just yesterday I attempted to buy a 5S on CL and at the last minute before meeting up he attempted to scam me. That has happened twice in a row now.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
It's not broken though. It's still 100% fully functional. And in my experience, CL has NOTHING but scammers in this area. Even being extremely careful, you can still get robbed around here. Just yesterday I attempted to buy a 5S on CL and at the last minute before meeting up he attempted to scam me. That has happened twice in a row now.

How did he attempt to scam you? Just curious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.