Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TerenceW

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
I'm using Mac Mail (tried Thunderbird but kept getting a message about too many cached connections when there was only 1) but what's irritating is that for every email address (I have several) it's cluttered up by the entire website, every directory, every file, the lot.

Does anybody have any idea how to get rid of it without causing a major problem?

Terence

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
On a hunch, I am going to say that you need to go to Mail Preferences, Accounts, select a problem account, click the Advanced tab, and change "IMAP prefix path" to something useful, perhaps 'Mail'.*

A.

* Perhaps. Perhaps not. Perhaps you need something else. No warranty expressed or implied. Your mileage may vary.

TerenceW

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
On a hunch, I am going to say that you need to go to Mail Preferences, Accounts, select a problem account, click the Advanced tab, and change "IMAP prefix path" to something useful, perhaps 'Mail'.*

A.

* Perhaps. Perhaps not. Perhaps you need something else. No warranty expressed or implied. Your mileage may vary.

That got it - thank you very much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.